1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. operkins

operkins Member

Return....i dont get the error code...i guess i have a v1 xbox....it just flashes red.........

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you try to do hotswap again? can you see partition0-4 on xplorer360?
    If yes, then use the softmod file 325MB to fix your xbox.

3. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

how do i know if i succecfulyy unlocked and im judt going to move my evox file back in place . what is shamand softmod file 325 mb?

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

When you turn on xbox and see microsoft logo appear, that time the hdd is unlock 100%.

In your case, you wont able to see microsoft logo. So I'm not sure when the hdd is unlock. That is why I said the hotswap may not work. But in most of cases, the hdd is unlock before xbox goes to service screen and error code or hang.

That is why I said on the tut "disconnect IDE cable from xbox hdd just before xbox goes to service screen and error code or hang."

Then continue boot up PC. Open xplorer360 and try to read the xbox hdd.

YOu have to do hotswap like 3 times (for newbie) to get it work.

About shamand softmod file 325 mb, it is the complete working softmod file on C and E drive.

5. trip2378

trip2378 Member

Hi there, trying to hot swap and even if i push the pause or the break key ( on keyboard as f10 and f11) i can't stop booting. am i pushing the right ones? have tried both alone and together but with no luck...

6. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

No your you are pushing the worng key, you need to push the key lable pause/brake.

7. trip2378

trip2378 Member

thats just it, the only place it says pause/break on the keyboard is on the f10 & f11 keys. is there another way to stop it? cheers.

8. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

The type of key board you have, I couldn't tell you how, the pause/break key is the same key on the key board, the only thing I can tell you is to go to you local computer repair store and ask or maybe some one els can help.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Pause/break key is next to PrintScreen and Scroll Lock key.

if you cant stop PC booting, so just let it boots to windows. Then do hotswap. After connect xbox's hdd to pc, on PC goto Manager and Scan for xbox hdd. Make sure that you see xbox hdd in there. Then open xplorer360 and try to read the xbox's hdd.

10. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

The Return
    Ive got error 16 from moving evox dash under the skins folder. now my xbox is broke . already tried unlockin from the xbox by pulling the ide cable at big x ,wont work my questoin to u is can i use that premade softmod thing u were talkin about by ftping without a mod chip? plez reply quck need to know.

11. Unicron1

Unicron1 Member

just redo the game exploit and reinstall the mod to the xbox, if it will boot the game cd that is...

Then, if or after you get it working again, make you a backup/restore CD like I show in my tutor... it will save you alot of headache later if this happens again.

Unicron

12. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

the xbox wont read anything will the ftp thing work?

13. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Have you try the xboxhdm.

14. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

yeah i did but it wont unlock hd and it says my hd isnt locabele.and it is cuz i used to play xbox on it.thanx for askin though . will the ftp work or not?and i cant get to dashboard.

15. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Can you FTP at all, if so you should be able to move files to and from your Xbox, let me ask you one more question, did you try hot swap using explorer 360, that may work because I fix my Xbox with an error 13 using explorer 360.

16. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

i tried explorer 360, istill do too. didnt work.ill try ftp in a minute

17. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Their are two explorer 360 (explorer 360 beta3 and explorer 360 beta4 Test Build v10) I couldn't get the beta3 to work, but the beta4 work, which IDE cable you are using when you try the explorer 360, make sure you have the one that will work for you.

18. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

hey im usin the cd drive cable from comp.it plugz into the xbox hd.and i dont no which version of 360 i have can u tell me where to get the one that works.P>S>i just put a new hd on this comp and no longer have 360

19. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

seeing as we reply a couple of minutes later ill stay on this page if u do.

20. hlp4me

hlp4me Member