1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. cookie257

cookie257 Member

the return the reason i got the error 16 is cuz i couldnt get my softmod to uninstall so i just erased files stupid me but i could play games still for awhile but i left my xbox unplugged for like 3 days and now it wants to set the clokc but it cant so no matter what i get error 16 but if i undo the dvd drive i get 12 oh and also i have another xbox hd but no eprom for it im not sure if i can use that for anything. also i was able to finaly get my hdd unlocked but is there a way i can copy all those files on my xbox preferably the udata and tdata folders of all my game saves to sumwhere else. ive tryed cloning the hdd to my maxtor 4ogb that is empty and it doesnt find that drive i might try putting it on a 4.7gb dvd-r but idk if it will work and i do have two dvd drives so im going to try it out. tell me what you think. srry for long post

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

it is good new if the xbox still plays games. Dont clone the hdd now because you dont have eerpom to lock the new hdd.

You have 2 choices to fix your xbox: hotswap with explorer360 or hotswap with xboxhdm.

If you want to reinstall ms dash, download the clean ms dash from the first page. If you want to install softmod, download the mhackxbox.rar file.

3. oehmer

oehmer Member

so do u have to connect the other set of wires that goes with the IDE cable to the xbox hdd, i think they are called the data cable

4. MadRus

MadRus Guest

No, it wouldv'e been 150 bucks for it if it was working. I got about 120 games for it too. So it was gonna be a good deal for me, but no luck.

5. cookie257

cookie257 Member

the retrun i do have my eprom backupd and its on the cd i made the only reason i cloned it is so if when i rebuild the c and lock it it fails i can make a hard drive from scratch with that one and still have my games to put back in via ftp when i softmod it againn and i rebuilt the c partition and put in the new dash and stuff and forgot to lock it and got error five so all i have to do now is lock the hdd and is the password the (hdd key) or the (hdd unlock/diasblepassword). thanks for the help so far most of what today i figured out on my own via trial and error.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. Octopudd

Octopudd Guest

Im having alot of troubles with this.
    As soon as the microsoft logo appears it gos straight to xbox live updater or to the error 21. I have NO time to take out the IDE cable and swap it with the pc one.
    Could someone help?

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you can disconnect ide cable just before the logo appears. Another word, you disconnect ide cable before error shown up.

Try all versions of explorer360

9. Octopudd

Octopudd Guest

Do I have to disconnect hte red, yellow and 2 black cables to from the HD?

And also when i connect it to the computer IDE cable it stays on the xbox logo but when im about to login to my computer the xbox goes to error 21.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Don't disconnect it. IT is the power cable for hdd.

After you disconnect ide cable from xbox's hdd, dont worry what are on TV.

11. Octopudd

Octopudd Guest

Ok.
    But my computer isnt picking up the HD.

Do i have to activate anything in the setup when i start my computer.

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you scan for a new drive in the Device Manager? you should see the xbox hdd in there

13. Octopudd

Octopudd Guest

Yea and the only drive that appears is my hd in my computer.
    Im in device manager.
    I scan. what would it be under.
    And when i use Xplorer360 it cant find it either.
    So either im doing something wrong or my computer is messed.

Add me on msn if you have it gigantic-octopuss-@hotmail.co.uk

14. oehmer

oehmer Member

yea could u add me also TheReturn, AIM:eek:ehmer yahoo:eek:ehmer08 MSN:eek:ehmer08@hotmail.com, but my problem is that my computer detects the xbox hdd but i cant access it in any way, i've tried the last 4 beta's of xplorer360 and i cant find the download for fatxexplorer, the error message is Could not detect any FATX drive. it shows up on the device manager though, i dont think i have to worry about time though because when i turn on my xbox without a disc in it or if i just turn it on with the eject button it stays at the screen with the microsoft logo at the bottom forever. The last times i tried i removed the red yellow and black wires from the xbox hdd that come from the xbox and put in the ones that are from the computer, Should i do that? or should i leave them alone?

thanx, oehmer08

15. Octopudd

Octopudd Guest

Dont remove the red yellow and black cables.
    There the power cables for the xbox hdd

16. oehmer

oehmer Member

ok, so what other info or advice can u help me out with?

17. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you guys refer to my tutorials, especially the section on hotswapping, it will answer all your questions.

We have now found that unplugging the DVD drive will help with hotswapping!

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

As I said "do not ever disconnect the power cable (4 wires)"

@Octopudd
    Hotswap should work with your xbox. You can try to do hotswap with the original game inside the dvd Or disconnect ide from DVD drive (you should have error 12).

@oehmer
    what's wrong with your xbox

19. oehmer

oehmer Member

i guess i corrupted the msdash.xbe ,not sure thats the filename, and now i dont have any dashboard that i can access so if i use the eject button to power on my xbox it just stays at the start up screen where the microsoft logo pops up at the bottom, same thing when theres no disc in. so i kinda need to get the xbox dashboard back.

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you download ms dash and mhackxbox.rar file on the first page? if not, do so.

How did you do hotswap? Also try to disconnect IDE cable from the dvd drive. Turn on xbox to see if you get error 12.

If it get error 12, leave it like that and do hotswap. Disconnect ide cable from xbox's hdd before xbox hang or goes error screen.