1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. dan72588

dan72588 Regular member

@TheReturn

Problem is I have about 2 or more xboxes with this problem! I just want to spend $15 total for the reader, but if i bought a modchip, i'd have to spend $40 (mainly cuz i don't know how to desolder very good, and am not good at modding at all!) Anyway, error codes are most of the time 07 but half of the time error 21 UNLESS I take my hard drive out during that time then it goes to error 16...that is basically how i get those errors!

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Ok try to disconnect the IDE cable from DVD drive. Turn on xbox. IF you see the error 12, leave the IDE cable disconnected from DVD drive. Turn off xbox and do hotswap. You can read the post above for more info.

You can buy 1 modchip and fix multiple xboxes.

3. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

Ok I Tryed To Run Xbox HD Recovery Tools On It Was Working I Got All The Way Up To When It Said, "You Have The Following Options" I Choose #1 Build A New Xbox HD Frm Scratch And It Said, "Invalid Key" Or Something Like That But It Didnt Let Me Go Any Further.

4. dan72588

dan72588 Regular member

@TheReturn

If i buy one modchip and install it on another, it is most likely I will need to know how to solder! I'm very bad at it! Anyway, I thought I could not do hotswap more than once and also I thought you couldn't do hotswap again after you screwed up your xbox by not putting your hard drive back into the xbox afterwords...

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@yungplaya
    I think the xbox's hdd stay locked. That may cause the error.
    You can try to do hotswap with explorer360. Make sure download all version of xplore360.

@dan72588
    Well, look like you need a new xbox then.

6. dan72588

dan72588 Regular member

@TheReturn

No, just need a dang eeprom builder that i can't build

7. cubix

cubix Member

IF you dont fancy building a eprom reader and have enough xbox's to fix you could always buy a solderless chip and when finished either keep the chip or sell it on ebay

8. dan72588

dan72588 Regular member

Modding should not fix an error 07 should it? It is a bad hard drive with no eeprom on it or anything it just quit working! Or if I bought a solderless chip and then put a different hard drive that didn't go into my xbox but it worked on other xboxes, then that should work with a modchip?

Also, what is the best SOLDERLESS modchip and cheapest? I heard stuff about spiderchip and Hyper X chip were not good or something but they were the cheapest?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  9. cubix

cubix Member

You are right in saying once your xbox HDD is dead it is dead but as you also mentioned by putting a chip in to your xbox it would allow you to stick in another compatable HDD and boot of A.I.D or similar in your dvd drive which in turn would allow you to re-install xbox OS

As regards whats the best chip could not really say but what your really looking for is one that is well supported and has an adapter that will cover the range of xbox's from 1-1.7 i think it is now

Cubix

10. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

very nice tutorial, i was wondering , can i add my backed up games using hotswap+ xbox explorer ?

11. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

Ok i have tryed to restore my 80 gb hdd using the hotswap method adding the ms dashboard files with xbox explorer 360 , now when i boot my xbox, the xbox is allways rbeooting after i see the microsoft logo,, any ideas ?6666

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

what did you put in the xbox hdd?

look like you have a corrupt dashboard.

13. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

Partition3: Audio, Fonts, xboxdashdata.185ead00, xodash, xboxdash.xbe, Xbox.xtf, Xboxbook.xtf

Partiton4: Cache, Tdata, Udata

Partition 0-2 is empty
    thats what in my hd

14. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

there is also a 5th partition wich is empty, and partition 1 and 2 are empty too, and the ms dash i used is this one

"Complete working softmod files of C and E drive "mhackxbox.rar" 425MB. Thanks to mhack."

15. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

no sorry thats the softmod files lol, i didnt install that yet, forget the last 2 lines

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hm....
    So try the mhackxbox.rar file to see what happen.

I'm not sure why your xbox reacted like that. But you have correct ms dash file.

17. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

ok i will try it and let you know what happen, thanks for the reply :)

18. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

is it normal that i have a nkpatcher.xbe a devz3ro file, and a apps folder, in my "'fonts" folder ? in the apps folder there are things like
    isoripper and shadowcmaker

19. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

apparently not,, i deleted them and now i have the default ms dash,, yayyyyyyyyyyy

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

default ms dash and mhackxbox.rar should work on your xbox. Right now, try to get xbox work before doing anything else.