1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

i have the default ms dash now so i guess its fixed, i have deleted the "nk" folder in my font folder, now it works like a ch arm, can i try to softmod now ?

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

If you want your xbox softmoded, try to use the mhackxbox.rar or do the softmod yourself.

3. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

was too good to be true,, i had my default ms dashboard reinstalled, so i've tryed to install mhackxbox with xplorer360, now all i see is a black screen after i get past the microsoft logo

4. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

could it be a clock problem ?

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm.. it should work. did you delete ms dash before copy mhackxbox file? If you did not delete the ms dash, it will corrupt the mhack softmod file.

6. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

yes i did, all my folder were empty before i install it

7. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

just to give a lill more in fos, this is what i did, installed msdash, i opened the xbox to see if it worked, it worked, so i decided to install
    mhackxbox or whatever its called, so i emptyied my c and e folders, and i pasted all of what was in the c folder of mhackxbox into the c folder of my xbox, then i did the same with the e folder.

8. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

nobody ?

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

i dont know why it did not work. well go back to ms dash and do softmod as usual way.

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007
  11. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

nope,, same problem,, and when i try the ndure exploit it brings me to the xbox live screen , and whenever i click on any on the option on here,, like network setting,, the xbox freezez.. wtf im do ing wrong,,, tryed so many things

12. dan72588

dan72588 Regular member

Seems like your hard drive might have some bad sectors in it...I would suggest transferring the EEPROM to your computer and buying and or using one of your other hard drives to copy then EEPROM and dashboard onto another hard drive

13. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

if i dont have a eeprom in the msdash of my pc hd when i try the many exploits, can it prevent the exploits from working ?

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

15. Xutuluh

Xutuluh Member

too late , i fixed it,, looks like 2 files in my ms dash were the problem so i deleted them ( xboxbook.xtf and xbox.xtf)

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

alright,

cheers...........

17. nag0l

nag0l Guest

alright i cant get the computer to bleep recognise the hard driv there is just a hole where the drive should be email me at noemailhere@theabyss.com p.s. this name for email adress is not my account

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  18. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No swearing and no e-mail addresses!

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

how did you do the hotswap? did you download all versions of xplorer360? did you try to read the xbox hdd with all xplorer360?

-download load all 4 versions of xplorer360: beta 3,4,5,6.

Here is the instructions:
    -connect xbox as normal then disconnect the IDE cable from DVD drive.
    -turn on xbox you should get error 12. Do not reconnect IDE cable back to DVD drive.
    -turn off xbox and do hotswap. Disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd just before error 12 OR when error 12 shown up (try both cases).
    -Don't worry what on TV after you connect hdd to PC.
    -open xplorer360 to read the xbox's hdd. Try to read the hdd with other versions of xplorer360.

Let me know the results

20. nag0l

nag0l Guest

this is nagol and i say i can swear whenever the bleep i bleep want to bleep!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007