1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. nag0l

nag0l Guest

return all the xplorer360s are for xbox 360s and i want to be able to look in the hard drive (of course) because it detects it but i cant read the format. please reply noemailhere@abyss.com not my a

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  2. nag0l

nag0l Guest

thereturn all the xplorer360s are for xbox 360s and i want to be able to look in the hard drive (of course) because it detects(the computer it but i cant read the format. please reply noemailhere@theabyss.com not my account

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  3. hyeclass

hyeclass Member

can this be done using a laptop?

i have an external hd, i can replace the hd inside with the one in the xbox... should this work.. i've been trying for about 6 hours on a row;... and nothing... am I doing something wrong or is it just not possible?

i get to the part that the hd is in the device manager in windows... but not in my computer and 360explorer cant find it, device explorer also says that it doesnt have access to it or something...

thanks

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Wrong
    Maybe somewhere else but not here.
    Buh Bye

5. gnab

gnab Guest

uh yes i can -wrong again

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2007
  6. gnab

gnab Guest

nag0l is back and theres no stopping me and tk u binkie the golly darn moderatress and u should get a life and get on to other people who cuss!!!

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@hyeclass

what's wrong with your xbox? which error code? did you download 4 versions of xplorer360 : beta 3, 4, 5, 6?

Yep you can use laptop with external enclosure to do hotswap.

Connect xbox as normal then disconnect the IDE cable from DVD drive. Turn on xbox to see if you have error 12.

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

LOL
    Hi and bye again gnab/nag0l

9. hyeclass

hyeclass Member

i've been getting erro 16
    and i do get 12 when i disconnect dvd drive
    when i connect it to my pc i get this:

[​IMG]
    as far as i know my xbox is v1.0
    is it possible that some xbox's cant hotswap?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

With error 12, you can do hotswap. did you download all versions of explorer360? If not, do so.

Here is the instructions:
    -Leave the IDE cable disconnected from DVD drive on Xbox.
    -do hotswap. Disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd just before error 12 OR when error 12 shown up (try to do hotswap with both cases). Never disconnect the power cable from Xbox's hdd.
    -connect hdd to IDE cable on external enclosure. Then connect the usb cable to PC.
    -Don't worry what on TV after you connect hdd to PC.
    -open window explorer on PC to see if you can see a new drive (a new letter drive)
    -open xplorer360 to read the xbox's hdd. Try to read the hdd with other versions of xplorer360.

If you try both cases and does not work, you need a PC then.

11. SHumanly

SHumanly Member

I tried to do the hotswap, followed the guide properly, it detected the hard drive on my computer as "ST310014A" but 360Explorer still doesn't detect the FATX.

I tried hot swapping before and also when the error 12 message appeared...any ideas?

12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Just keep trying Xplorer, it's a pain in the ass!

13. SHumanly

SHumanly Member

so, as long as my PC is recognizing the xbox hard drive, the hotswap worked, and i should keep going to open drive(or whatever it's called, i forget) in xplorer? or should i try the hotswap over and over too...?

14. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Not sure which approach will work, try just the program at first. If no luck then try reloading the drive!

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@SHumanly
    did you use all versions of explorer360 to read the xbox's hdd? If not, download them all and do hotswap. Open xplorer one by one to read the xbox hdd.

which error code do you have?

16. SHumanly

SHumanly Member

I could only find one version using google, because the website that has them STILL didn't manually approve my account. Do you maybe have links to all of the versions.

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

try here

downloads.xbox360-tribe.org/index.php?act=view&id=983
    www.maxconsole.net
    www.maxconsole.com

18. SHumanly

SHumanly Member

They had beta 2, 3 and 4 on all of those websites, are there any verions besides that...?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you need version 3, 4, 5, 6

20. SHumanly

SHumanly Member

A little google searching found me the other versions, for some reason the second time I searched more results showed up.

Anyways, to make it easier, I zipped all of the xplorer360 versions together and uploaded them to my website for people who want to get beta 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 then go here:

http://ddlinvasion.com/xplorer360.rar