Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

yes i do see the microsoft logo ... but i get an error code 11 when the dvd is unpluged ... ok well i just took the dvd drive outta that xbox and used the older version one which needed a dvd drive .. ive installed the softmod and backed up the eeprom put it in the eeprom folder in xboxhdm and put the softmod files from mhackxbox in the partitions 3-4 and burnt the dvd ... now ive made the new hd and the xbox will not boot i get an error code 5 ...... i think i did everything right ??? the soft mod worked on the original xbox hd ....

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you get error 5 because you did not lock the hdd.

For the xbox above, connect xbox as normal. do hotswap. disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd when microsoft logo shown up.

3. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

omg sorry that i wasted your time !!! i didnt lock the drive !!! i locked it and all worked well the new 40gb hd worked and my xbox is pimped out ! thankz for all the help!!! im wondering if the other xbox i have that looks different inside is the 1.6 that u say cant be softmodded .... maybe thats why i get the error code 11 instead of 12??? but like i said i do see the microsoft logo ....

4. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

omg ... the xbox keeps rebooting now ... it worked fine the first time i ran it but now it just keeps rebooting ... ive tried 2 different drives as well ... what do u think????

5. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

ok well i can get it to keep working but i just cant finish the soft mod install ... i just need to keep the evo x dash i guess

6. silent714

silent714 Regular member

How did you get it to work. Why cant you finish the softmod? If you have a working evo x dashboard then your xbox is already softmodded.

7. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

ya but i go into the back up and runn the default.xbe to finish the unleash x soft mod right? once u do the softmod install then reboot there is more to do no? why would it keep rebboting on me?

8. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

ok well i got the new hd to work but when i was copying games to the hd the games that were downloaded from the internet would work but the original games that i own would not play !! kindof dissapointing ! im not sure where i went wrong ... so i removed the new hd and when with the xbox og hd and all is good but not much space to copy games to ... but i figure i have to burn the downloaded games any way so i guess a buck a game is ok ... great tut awsome help !!!! im gonna try again later with a different hd and fresh mhackxbox files and stuff and ill let ya know how it goes ~!

9. silent714

silent714 Regular member

you should go to the settings in the softmod dash board and make sure that the game settings are on auto detect. Some games are PAL and others are NTSC.

10. wobbs

wobbs Guest

a little off topic re fixing errors but need to correct cant softmod a 1.6 you can I have 2 at the side of me, off to some lucky ebayers - have to use ndure 4 though with SS - cant get v 5 to take

I do the mod the long way round when putting in a new drive build a clean drive with xboxhdm (eeprom grabbed with a reader or re injected into the epprom if i aint got any blank dvds ;)locked, placed back in the box and then do the splinter cell based ndure "update", boots to evo then run AID v4.1 and install xbmx dash - and all the other lovely programmes onto my new media pc ;)

on a side how many people have had a cd rom error 12 - had to replace the board with one from a machine with a broken laser ( as in i snapped the arm what a t$%)

11. trav_555

trav_555 Member

Ijust did this using xplorer360 nd works great, it took 3 times before it would recognise it, i also had to use xplorer360 v10(not the ones in the rar file) so try that so it can copy folders as well as files thanks alot good job

12. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

if any 1 was curious i fixed my 2 xboxes and went with the evox x dashboard ... i backed up the eeprom from bot xboxs using flashfxp and did install a new hd to xbox 1 .... i am able to copy games and they play great from the hd ... the only issue seeems to be that the newer games like 2007 ones will copy but wont load they are burnout 3 , nba 07 and nhl 07 .... but all of the older games work great ! im going to be buying a 400gb hd and installing it to the other x box and i think it will rock ! thankz to every 1 i couldnt have done it with out u !!!! peace

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I'm happy when i hear that you guys fixed the xbox. I know lot of people asking for help with hotswap. Please help them out.

Cheers..... all

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@trav_555
    can you upload the xplorer360 v10 somewhere and put the link here so others can download it?

Thanks

15. trav_555

trav_555 Member

ok here it is have fun

heres xbox xplorer360 v10

have fun, and if anyone can help me out with my forum part "mod my mates xbox" it would be greatly appreciated

16. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Has been available in my Software section along with everything else you can think of!

;)

17. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

cool download ill try it cuz the others didnt work for me they closed every time i tried to inject files ...

18. Past

Past Guest

im back and you cant keep me off forever by the way i can tell people all the nessesary information to hack you or the web site so id be quiet if i were you.

19. Past

Past Guest

ok the return this is what happened i deleted the dashboard on accident and i need something that can make the computer recgonise the format and by the way that bumhole binkie7 cant ban me for ever so i got back on and help me some how with error 16 thanks.

20. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You are too funny Past ....
    Go play elsewhere