1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. pastlog

pastlog Member

no i dont feel like it by the way i have reported you for banning me when i have not violated any forum rules and will continue untill you stop banning me. and its me gnab your old buddy NOT!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ummm well maybe you need to read the rules cause you did break a few.
    That's fine - report me all you like :)
    Follow the rules and you won't get banned - simple as that.

3. pastlog

pastlog Member

like what reply to your message? im threw cussing though i want to really bad.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@past

disconnect the ide cable from dvd drive. turn on xbox to see if you get error 12.

5. trav_555

trav_555 Member

haha chunkheaad thats where i got it from thanks again man

6. pastlog

pastlog Member

i have tried that and i get error 9 the hdd is not detected,.

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well, it seem like the hdd dead because you get error 9. Usually, people get error 12 or 11 when disconnect the Ide cable from xbox's dvd drive.

anyway, do you have any modchip xbox? did you backup eeprom?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  8. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

hey i was gettin the error 11 on my xbox how do i make it get an error code 12 ? can i use the unlocking tools on an original xbox hd ????

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

error 11 and 12 are very similar failure.

did you try to do hotswap with error 11? did you try to do hotswap with dvd drive connected? How is that turn out?

You dont want to unlock the hdd. Unless you have the original eeprom.

10. Alitica

Alitica Guest

Hello, thank you for your great info!

I tried everything but my PC or the xplode wont reconize the XBOX hd
    I am sure i do everything right. I tried it on 3 diff PC and no luck. I tried it with master and jump I tried it with and without a game. I am at a lost.

It all started when i tried putting in an emulator through the network. Now when the Xbox starts up all it shows is the bif orange and blue X from the softmode program and it stays right there.

Now when i try the hotswap... nothing happends... the TV stay on the screen with the xbox logo and microsoft.
    -When i put a game in the xbox and try it again as soon as the PC starts up after i take it off pauze the TV screen shows "this ebox needs to be serviced"

Any help? tips? clues? please say i am doing something wrong and i can try something new.....

Thanks
    Alicia

PS this is original Xbox HD. I did everything on a new HD and it works grear never crashed or anything.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

so you are trying to fix the original hdd. If you have another hdd which works on this xbox, why are you trying to fix the original one? Plus the hdd is only 8GB and you dont know if hdd is crashed or not.

12. Alitica

Alitica Guest

cuz this is for a diff xbox i wont to give it as a gift. But only with the emulators on it not for Xbox Games. And i did crash the HD any info on that?
    thanks

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Oh, you put the original hdd into another xbox. That is why you can't do hotswap.

The original hdd is belong to its xbox only. You can't put other xbox's hdd into this xbox. That is why the xbox can't unlock the hdd

14. pastlog

pastlog Member

no idont have a modchip and i did back up my eeprom before my dash was deleted

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well, do you know electronic? you can build the eeprom reader. Then backup eeprom manually. The link is in the second posty on the first page

16. pastlog

pastlog Member

k thanks hey tell me your emai and say it quickly because i wanted to send a mod i made to you which im sure you mod.

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I can't give the email here because it is the rule. Search in my page

18. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

i have a question ... when makinga new hd for the xbox can i only use 3.5" IDE HDS or can i use a SATA drive as well? the reason im asking is because im having a problem finding a 500gb IDE drive but theirs lots of SATA drive at the place im planning on purching the drive ... plz help me ... thankz

19. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

about fixing the broken xbox and getting thne eeprom from it... i was able to put the mhackxbox files in the xboxhdm and boot up a new hd without the eeprom in the eeprom folder but it would only work the fist time ... as long as u back it up imeadiatly before the softmod reboots u can save it ... thats why i think my xbox just kept rebooting ... i didnt have the correct eeprom ..so i thought i broke it but i was able to recover it ....maybe im crazy but i did get it to work again .....

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

the hard drive has to be 40 pin 3.5" HD. SATA does not work.