1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how 2 copy game dvds and cds

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by johney69, Aug 30, 2007.

1. johney69

johney69 Regular member

dose any 1 no how 2 copy or know a program that will copy dvd and cd game
    ?????
    that will copy past the code ??????????

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Saw this and was like "Yes, I know of such a program". But then I saw this....
    and thats were you lost me.

3. johney69

johney69 Regular member

past the ©

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@Johney69

I am still lost by what you mean by this "that will copy past the code ??????????" and your last post didn't make any sense at all.

5. johney69

johney69 Regular member

lol ...like nero can burn games but cant get thro the © i would like a progrsm that will get thro the © ..

get me now?

6. einherjan

einherjan Member

I think he means something about copyright protection. Not sure though. If you want a good answer please give a concise and clear question.

7. johney69

johney69 Regular member

that it
    i want a program that bets it :)

8. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

Easy. Search for DVD Decrypter on Google.

Some sites claim that software doesn't exist anymore and they renamed it to DVD FAB. Even though they renamed it, look for DVD Decrypter. 1 site still has DVD Decrypter. It will allow you to copy dvd games and movies.

As for Cd games, Not too sure about what softwares to use.

DVD FAB sucks. DVD Decrypter works best. DVD FAB just annoying.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  9. johney69

johney69 Regular member

already got i just not 2 sure how 2 use it

10. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

Go to Playstation 2 mod forum. Look for the sticky thread there. It tells you how to make backups. Same way to make Window games backups.

11. einherjan

einherjan Member

You'll need a modded PS2 to play your backups though. I don't think there are many PS2 emulators out there that can play full games either.

12. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

Not sure if hes talking about burn console games or not. He talking about pc gaming since this is in the WIndows forum.
    I think that PC games are burn the same way as PS2 and xbox games.

13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@johney69

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I know the answers you need. Alright there is but one application one must use to rip, burn, and play copy protected PC games whether they are CD or DVD based. And to clear things up DVD Decrypter is only usefull when ripping PS2 games. Anyway there are 2 versions of Alcohol, Alcohol 120% and Alcohol 52%. Both allow you to create up to 32 virtual cd/dvd drives, both allow the user to rip their cd/dvd based PC games,PS2/Xbox games. Basically any copyprotected cd/dvd can be ripped. Alcoho 52% is free to use, while Alcohol 120% must be paid for but includes the ability to burn the cd/dvd games you ripped and to burn them so they will be playable. I assume that in your first post the "code" you spoke of was copy protection? Then yes the Alcohol programs can accurately rip a copy protected pc game and Alcohol 120% has the ability to burn the game so that the pc/game won't know its a copied version.

14. einherjan

einherjan Member

Yeah, I am just clearing things up in case he does ask.

15. johney69

johney69 Regular member

thanks guys

16. 6Ripper9

6Ripper9 Member

Are you sure? I tried this with my Call Of Duty (Warchest set) PC game, and it won't play the back up. Alcohol is the 4th program I've tried where I've heard it was guarenteed to work. It's pretty sad that console game are easier to back up than PC games. I have all my console games backed up, originals stored safely away (they only come out if I want play online), but yet I can't figure out how to back up a PC game.

17. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

A PC can tell if you are running a copied pc game just like a ps2/xbox can. But with a gaming console bypassing this is as simple as installing a modchip, but there is no modchip for a pc? So what do you do? Well you need a few select programs. Like Alcohol 120% for instance can not always rip the games copyprotection with 100% accuracy, so it uses a system called RMPS.(I believe it stands for Recorable Media Physical Signature). Basically if you rip a game with the Securom 7 protection and then burn said ripped game with Alcohol 120% it would add RMPS info pertaining to Securom 7. Now when this burnt game is played on a PC using software that can interpret and use RMPS info then the backup can be played. Its complicated. Anyway any PC game can be "hacked" just like a console it just requires knowledge of certain areas.