1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about rar files in a computer game

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by fx5d, Oct 21, 2004.

1. fx5d

fx5d Member

Do you open the rar games as other rar files such as movies?

2. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Well being a rar file, you certainly couldn't do anything with it until you open/extract it ;)

3. fx5d

fx5d Member

I know that. You know after u extract a movie rar file in a folder u extract it again so that you can use the bin and cue file. And then after that you mount the image using daemon so that you can see the movie with a regular dvd player. With games do you do the same process of mounting the image?

4. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Sorry, cant help you there. I only use my Xbox for gaming so dont have the required knowledge to help you. Im sure someone will help you out soon enough tho

5. fx5d

fx5d Member

aight
    . Anyone know?

6. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Yes. A .RAR file is a .RAR file, the only difference is what they contain (Bin & Cue, ISo, Mpeg2 file etc....)

What you do after you un rar those files depends on there contents. There is no such thing as a game rar file, you have a rar files that contain a game. AS long as you have all the files you should be ok.

Good Luck.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Pixy Stix...
    "Because not every kid can afford crack."[/small]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  7. fx5d

fx5d Member

Right thats waht i meant. What im saying after you extract the game to a specified folder waht do you do to open the game? Does folder that i extrated before contain an icon of the game so taht i can open it from there? or do i have to do a process in which i use some kind of program like Daemon to mount the "image" or game into the cd-drive so that i can open it from there.

8. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

If it's a .Exe file (riped game)then you just run it to play,if it,s a Iso,.bin and .cue files you burn it or mount it to a virtual drive.
    I hope this helps

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Pixy Stix...
    "Because not every kid can afford crack."[/small]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004