1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are these people not getting sued for thier software?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mrperson7, Dec 14, 2007.

1. mrperson7

mrperson7 Member

Console Classix:
    consoleclassix.com

This site offers a service to sorta "Stream Roms" to their PC to play NES, SNES GBC, and other systems although it's apparently 100% legal as you are able to download it off a very legit site, download.com. How are these guys not getting sued like crazy by Nintendo, Sega, etc.?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

They appear to be legal... You download the emulator/software and then you pay to play..

That tells me they have licensed the games they provide, and you are paying for the right to play these near abandonware games online.

I think that's a pretty cool idea for retro gamers who have a few problems with pirating these old games (I have no such qualms.. discontinued means free to me.. The developers can't possibly be losing anything by me ripping it out of a cartridge or from wherever. Whatever sega or tendo may think.)