1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How burn m4a files using Nero Ultra 7 ?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Nehmo, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Nehmo

Nehmo Member

Using Nero Express, the Audo CD part, I can't add m4a files. The alert says
    "One or more files could not be added to a compilation.
    It may be possible, that the files can be added, if a dedicated plug-in is installed.
    H:\Movies\The Very Best Of\07 Strong Enough.m4a"

I searched and I couldn't find the right plug-in. The files play on VLC or iTunes without a problem, but won't play in Nero Showtime.

Also, I tried to convert these m4a’s using ImTOO Audio Encoder 2.1.42 and AltoMP3 Gold Version 5.04. Neither worked.

--
    )|:|(__ Nehmo __)|:|(
    --

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  2. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

if you bought the album/songs direct from apples music store you wont be able to convert them because they are copyrighted . If however you imported the songs onto itunes using your own cd just change the conversion to mp3.

Nero showtime cannot play M4A as iit is primarily designed for wma which of course is microsofts music format and therefore uncompatible with apples software

MaRk

3. Nehmo

Nehmo Member

If I were to just leave them on the HD, m4a files are fine. As I said, I can play them. I want to burn them on a CD for a standalone CD player, like in a car. Nero Express accepts mp3’s and converts them to (I think) wav’s for the Audio CDs. I’m trying to find a plug-in that allows Nero Express 7 to accept m4a’s.
    It seems m4a’s are going to get more popular, so this question will come up again.
    --
    []__ Nehmo __[]
    --

4. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

oh sorry misread the thread ,

you can burn a disc of m4a by using itunes , create playlist eg, your music then drag the songs you want to the list then burn to disc

make sure you go in to edit > preferences >advanced >burning .

then pick if you want an audio cd 13 tracks or mp3/4a cd 700mb

hope this was a bit clearer

MaRk

5. Nehmo

Nehmo Member

Thanks for the reply. I figured that out finally last night after I posted. I can burn with iTunes, and I can convert too. I had never bothered with iTunes before; I had thought it was just another player. It installed by piggybacking on the QuickTime install.

BTW, on my second burn with iTunes, it produced the error:
    “The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred (4000).”
    However, the disk seems to play okay.

I found some others noting the same error (but not providing a solution):
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10284722
    Reading a bit, it seems iTunes is having some problems as a burner, and there isn’t much easily-found support out there – either from Apple or from user forums.

iTunes can burns in cda (CD Audio), and it can convert too (explanation in its Help). Using iTunes conversion feature is a way to keep Nero Express from rejecting the m4a’s.

I found that if you use the iTunes rightclick option (options are different when preferences are changed) to convert the m4a to AAC, the result is a smaller file with “(Cou.m4a” on the end. You can then take that file and add it to Nero Express; it accepts this form of m4a. I haven’t actually burned yet using this procedure, but it’ll probably work. The other conversions, wav and mp3, would probably get accepted by Nero Express too.

I’m not sure if there’s any compression loss with AAC, and I haven’t experimented with converting to wav or mp3 (both are available as encoders in iTunes) either.

--
    )|:(__ Nehmo __):|(
    --

6. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

What version of itunes is it ?

only thing really that i can think of is that it just might need updating .

try the new version which i believe is 6.0.1 , it could be newer

i use it and ive never really had any probs with it

7. ArkadyGr

ArkadyGr Member

I am gettign the same message - "One or more files could not be added to a compilation. It may be possible, that the files can be added, if a dedicated plug-in is installed" while trying to burn plain ol mp3's as Audio CD. Using NERO 7 Ultra. DOes any one know whats going on? :(

Thanks.

8. r8rfnatc

r8rfnatc Member

I'm having the same problem as ArkadyGr with Nero 7 that I just installed. Any help out there?

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ArkadyGr / r8rfnatc

don't hijack other ppl's threads. you've got your own threads so just be patient until someone answers them