1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I add subtitles (.srt) to DVD files (Bup/Ifo/Vob) and burn them to a DVD-R using nero?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by klaxbb16, Jun 10, 2007.

1. klaxbb16

klaxbb16 Member

Hi so i downloaded a .avi file and converted it to a dvd which includes the following files

VIDEO_TS.BUP (8KB)
    VIDEO_TS.IFO (8KB)
    VTS_01_0.BUP (94KB)
    VTS_01_0.IFO (94KB)
    BTS_01_1.VOD (1,726,756KB)

the movie is Pan's Labyrinth and it's in spanish but I would like to add the english subtitles to it, I have the subtitle file

Pans.Labyrinth.srt (91KB)

how do i burn a DVD-R with those dvd files and the subtitles?

Thanks, Chris

2. attar

attar Senior member

It would probably be easier to add the subs to the AVI with VirtualDub before converting the AVI and burning the DVD.
    The subs would have to be converted first but there is a good guide at Afterdawn to cover it.

A more complex method of adding them to the existing DVD files is here.
    http://forum.videohelp.com/topic275603.html

Probably the easiest (if you have 'ConvertXtoDVD) is to merge the VOB files (if there is more than one), load it into ConvertX then add the .srt file and let the program output a new DVD folder (with an optional menu) for you to burn or add the AVI and the .srt files and output the DVD folder.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  3. bonkabonk

bonkabonk Member

dvd flick can put avi and srt together on a dvd, but without menus and seem to be slow, but freeware.

i havent tried it, just what i heard.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007