1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I back-up my back-ups faster please ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by UKTechno, Jan 13, 2005.

1. UKTechno

UKTechno Member

Hi, sorry, I'm new to this, just got my new system 2 weeks ago. First time I've had a DVD burner, but had a pc since 1998 now. I have had no problems backing-up any originals so far, but some have taken over an hour to encrypt and burn. The issue I have is once I have burned my back-up (using dvd shrink/nero), what is the quickest way to "back that back-up" ? Is it best to leave the files/folder it created in the hard drive (ie the full dvd data) and burn straight from there again? Is DVDshrink best for this? Can i save Hard Drive space and not burn from those files but from the 1st back-up? What i'm trying to say is, do I always have to go through the same encryption/burning process and wait like over an hour each time? Thanks

2. hursty

hursty Active member

you cannot burn with dvd shrink.
    yes you can copy dvd to dvd,but i wouldnt advise it..you are likely to get errors
    i hr is not bad,my pc,bless it,takes 2hrs.
    if you have enough space,leave them there,or buy a additional hardrive to store your movies.
    regards hursty

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Once you have made a backup copy it is no longer encrypter so the fastest way to copy it again is to use any disc copy program you have as in NERO, Recordnow Max, or even Roxio. Just open the program and find the button that says copy complete disc. It should copy the disc to the hard drive, then ask for a blank disc and burn back. The time involved will depend on the max speed of your drive and media. Still best to keep it at 4x. Total time should be much less than making the first copy because you are not decrypting the movie again.

Jerry

4. UKTechno

UKTechno Member

Many thanks for your replies. Great advice, will try it thanks.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hope it works good for you.

Jerry

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I have no problems copying from my main backup copy. I make sure it is a high quality media.I use nero express. Simply place my backup in the dvd rom drive and an empty disc in the benq burner. About 12- 15 mins at a burn speed of 4x,no problems even on the stand alone players. This cuts out 5 minutes of encoding and is only a couple click process.

The lower quality media will not let me rip them as easy.

7. hursty

hursty Active member

hi jerry,can you help?
    i always seem to have problems using nero to burn "copy to copy",when i try to use nero express,i select burn and i get the error message "not enough space on disc".
    i am using infiniti media 4.7gb,
    the copy i have is also on the same media type?
    i get the same mesage with alcohol 120.
    i have fat 32,but this shouldnt be a problem should it?i mean,its not using the hardrive?
    any ideas.
    it seems the only way i can run a copy off,is to put it on the hardrive first,then burn it.
    with kind regards hursty.
    p.s..have you heard of mkv files?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  8. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

hursty.... Most people prefer to rip the copy to the hard drive rather then burning on the fly. It greatly reduces the risk of burn errors.

9. hursty

hursty Active member

yeah,i know that,just wanted to figure out whats wrong with pc,i havent even got the option to make a coaster!if you see what i mean.