1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I convert VCD into mpeg1

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by onestop, Mar 24, 2003.

1. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello, may I know the easiest way to convert VCD into mpeg1 as I have intention of joining afew scenes of different VCDs into one.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If you mean, rip the movies off a cd (or cd's obviosly) to mpeg-1 then download VCDEasy - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/vcdeasy.cfm

Open VCDEasy and place the cd into a cd drive! Click the tools button and click mpeg tools. You will see CDXA2MPEG at the end of the program. Click the dat file button and browse your vcd disk. Navigate to the MPEGAV folder and double click AVSEQ01.DAT. Then, click the mpeg file button and set somewhere to save the file and a filename. Then click convert. After a few minutes there will be an MPEG-1 file on your computer off the cd!

3. onestop

onestop Regular member

Thanks for your info but actually I tried VCDEasy 1.1.4 before and it only work on some VCDs and others will have error message like : "Cdxa2mpeg.exe execution failed (): Invalid request code" and also "Unknown Chunk id []". I even tried VCDGear but mpeg created is unable to be read by Win Media Player and also hang during playback with PowerDVD.

4. gkrshnn

gkrshnn Member

Can the same thing be done on SVCDs also? In other words, does VCDEasy allow me to rip SVCD to PMEG2? Thanks.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Yes except on SVCD, the dat file is in the mpeg2 folder.

onestop, the cds that dont work, are they damaged?? + you can always go to your cd in windows explorer and copy the dat file onto your hard drive then try using cdxa2mpeg!