1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I correct evox.ini?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Lubman, May 19, 2004.

1. Lubman

Lubman Member

When I made my first auto install disk I forgot to alter the evox.ini. Because of this my xbox is programmed with the wrong network information, and when ever I need to ftp into my xbox I have to put in the revised install disk. I am getting my 120gb hdd today and was wondering if there was anyway to put the revised evox.ini file onto it because I am getting tired of disk swapping. Any help would be appreciated.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

so you have evox on ya HDD now?, well if you do just go to settings and change it there.

3. Lubman

Lubman Member

Yea, its on my orginal hdd but I wanted to change it when I put my 120gb hdd in, which will be in about 2 hours. I tried to change it in the system settings, but I couldn't change anything. I just wanted to get the correct information onto the new hdd.

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

what do you mean? you want to erase and edit, than save your original evox.ini thats in one of your hd(your stock one right) to the new 120mb hdd you are installing shortly? is that it.. i hope thats the case, cuz i want to see this post get resolve, ill like to edit the ini file and than save, since when i try it on my xbox it doesnt let me edit and save. i got evox 3935..

5. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

you cant change it when its on a boot cd, but you can once you have it on your HDD, simply go to settings, edit it, then click save and exit.