1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i delete content from my microsoft zune?

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by gorkrj, Jun 9, 2009.

1. gorkrj

gorkrj Member

hi, i've recently reboot'd my computer and had to download the zune software again from microsoft. i'm look'n to delete two videos from the zune that are no longer on the computers hard drive. so my question would be...can/how do i delete content from the zune?

thank you,

rob gork

2. M_Koga

M_Koga Member

When you are on your PC, with the Zune software running, and the Zune connected to a USB port, you should see an option on the topmost menu line that will say something like "device" -- it will ONLY appear when the Zune is physically connected to the computer (or, logged in via Wifi router).

Click on that word, and then, the next menu line (the line under the topmost menu line) will change -- it will now show you the contents of your player. You should have menu items corresponding to music, videos, podcasts, etc. Click on the relevant section, and then, when you see the list of files that are on the player (in that category), you can select and delete. (Right-click, then delete, or, if I remember correctly, you can hit the DEL key on your keyboard after selecting file(s) to delete.)

That should do the trick. On mine, there's a phantom entry by the name of "Unknown album" or something like that, with no contents. When I try to delete it, it acts like it's deleting it, but nothing really happens. I at one point did a total wipeout -- deleted everything on the player, including the firmware, then reinstalled it, reloaded my content, and everything was fine -- for a while. I don't know how long it took for that phantom entry to return, but, it did.. Since it doesn't seem to do any harm (other than annoying me) I ignore it. If it were actually taking up any real space, or showing up on the player itself, I'd be more concerned, but as is, I figure it's just one more nutty glitch in the Zune software (such as the way it classifies certain video content in one category in the Zine application on the computer, and another category on the player.

3. rony1434

rony1434 Guest

Hi.
    Hey man thanks for sharing this.
    Its really helpful.