1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I download streaming audio in an embedded player?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dokiroku, Sep 26, 2004.

1. dokiroku

dokiroku Member

I was just wondering how I'd go about capturing sound if the web page has it's own playback device (they use Real Player and Sony ATRAC3 technology). Some songs can be downloaded, while others can only be streamed. I have not been able to find a redirect code, so I can't use Streambox VCR.

I have Total Recorder and wonder if it'd do the trick. I'm totally new to it and would need a hand as to getting it set up to grab audio. Also, any other recommended software would be much appreciated.

Thanks, guys.

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

It is usually always better to directly download a stream with a streaming media recorder like StreamBox VCR or others, rather than use a audio recorder. A audio recorder like Total Recorder will work but the sound quality will not be as good as if the stream is downloaded.

Many people use a program called Project URL Snooper to find the stream URL's they need to use in a streaming media recorder.
    http://p084.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxvcrfrm7.showMessage?topicID=37.topic
    There is other URL Snooper and Packet Sniffer software that will also work but that one is the most popular.

Click the link below and check the other FAQ's and information about streaming media recording.

3. dokiroku

dokiroku Member

Thanks, Veblin. I know that you had recommended me to use URL Snooper software before; however, until now, I didn't have a need for it. I was able to "view:source" everything...

By the way, if the captured streaming media is licensed, that means it's gonna report back to the Mothership when I load it up in Real Player or Windows Media, right? :(

Are there any kinds of software that remove the licensing from protected media?