1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i find the manufacture date before i buy??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by smash22, Dec 16, 2007.

1. smash22

smash22 Regular member

here is my story i brought a 32" lcd hdtv Samsung but i noticed some tearing while plaing dvd's and the 360. i researched the TV (samsung LN-T3242H) and found out that these models have issues of tearing and audio dropping with models manufactured before Sept 07. Mine was manufactured july 07. I called to see if i can make a exchange and they agreed but in order to get a newer model, the manufacture date must be on the box. i can't figure it out because nothing on the box shows the manufacture date. Any help figuring this out would be huge thank you.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hi, sometimes a product has a mfg date on the box in simple english and sometimes in mfg code date. Usually a manufacturer can date an item simply by the serial number on the item. An excuse that they cannot id an item by serial number is stalling.

3. smash22

smash22 Regular member

yeah that sounds about right to me also. I got some info from avs forums and one poster stated to look at the serial number and go to the "p" and the next number/letter will indicate the maufacture date. so 1-9 is for January to September, A = Oct, B= Nov, and C = Dec.

I already retured it and got another july :( so far no problems so lets see what happens. i have till jan 31 to make exchanges.