1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can I get a large movie file, avi, divx etc to fit on a standard dvd-r 5

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wells86, Mar 23, 2005.

1. wells86

wells86 Guest

Im having problems with getting large movie files that I downloaded to fit on a standard dvd-r 5 without losing quality. has anyone have any ideas on how to make the movie file fit without losing viewing quality.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You will always lose quality with a AVI movie when you convert it to another format. Most downloded movies aren't in that high of quality to begin with anyway so you are never going to get real good quality.

There is a guide at my website (Link in Sig) called <Convert AVI to DVD> This produces very good quality, but again it all depends on the file you are starting with.

3. wells86

wells86 Guest

thanks a lot bbmayo. im going to try it out now and see what happens. the video file size right now is 950 mb. when i convert it, will the file size be larger in dvd form ?

thanks again

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Depends on the format it is but usually yes it will be bigger. How much bigger again depends on the original format. Generally it is 3 to 4 time larger after converting.