1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can I get closed caption from my DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hart94109, Aug 18, 2003.

1. hart94109

hart94109 Member

I learn English from watch DVD, some DVD only have closed caption instead of subtitle. I can rip DVD in one disc with subtitle which is great,but when the DVD only have closed caption ,then it will not working that way if i do anything with compressing the DVD to one disc. any advice

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If compressing w/ DVD2One in the process , just take [bold]English [/bold] in the subtitle options

DVD2One has never let me down w/ taking subtitles I ask for...

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The DVDxPress subtile selection for english, has been good for me. But this is for versions greater then 2.5 The new 3.0 version subtile feature I find works fine. But the DVD itself must have English subtiles as an option, without them available it will not create subtiles.

4. hart94109

hart94109 Member

thanks for the help, herbsman .someone told me the same thing that DVD2one can get closed caption even it the film is compressed (i wonder they really try it themself or just a guess) cause I try myself and it is NOT ture. ... DVD2one can only get subtitle ,and if it is closed caption(the film has to be un-compressed,or the cc will gone) .
    P.S subtitle and closed caption is not the same if you get mass up by any chance