1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I get the subtitle from DVD as ".txt " file

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by hart94109, Aug 10, 2003.

1. hart94109

hart94109 Member

I am learning English. I like to watch movies by reading subtitle. I know there are some way to take out the the subtile from DVD as .txt file (or at least can be read by any sub edit program,). I try "vobsub" but it took forever to processing, and the sub is not ".txt" .i think it is "pixel" which is image file. please help

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Well, you can try and rip the subtitles using subrip. The guide can be found on this site.

I believe the resulting file should be an .srt file, which you can open with notepad. After you open the file with notepad, resave the file as an .txt file.

3. hart94109

hart94109 Member

thanks for reply, I got that one two. but problem with the font, it seems like you have to find the exactly font for it. otherwise it the processing stay there untile you type in each line of letters that need to be corrected. and the instructon mention that I can use "mtrix" to automaticaly find the font i need which it never work.