1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I make a Dvd Compilation?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by forester, Sep 12, 2004.

1. forester

forester Guest

Please can anyone guide me as to how to make a Dvd compilation from different Dvds.

I have seen a guide that shows you how to make a compilation of "titles" but i would like to make one of "chapters".

I have Dvd2one and Shrink but any other software i would consider.

Not sure if you can do this but is it also possible to have a 2 second gap like on a CD compilation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by this Ultra Newbie.

Thanks

A.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Since none other is replying, I'm giving it a try:
    What you can do is to use a vido capture program (e.g. Nero, Image Mixer) to transform the files contained in each DVD into original video clips. You can then edit and organize the video clips in whatever way you like (e.g. add effects, create chapters and titles, set time gaps), then save the accumulated results as a 'project'. You can also add materials from other DVDs to the saved project in the same manner. In most programs, it's like a drag and paste operation. Subsequently, you can burn the project onto a disc if you so please and have yourself a unique DVD compilation. I have a Sony DVD camcorder and am doing this quite often with my video recordings.
    Happy producing!