1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I merge two disc Images?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by trevatron, Apr 3, 2007.

1. trevatron

trevatron Guest

Just that chaps how can i merge two disc images, each a half of a ps2 game?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What format are your image files?

3. trevatron

trevatron Guest

the image format is .iso, also is nero happy to burn to dual layer discs?

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

So, let me just clarify, you have two ISOs, each of half of a PS2 game..? So, presumably, that is one side of the disk and the other side.. How big are each of these ISO files - presumably 4.x GBs?

And well, it can, but we (I) reccomend IMGBurn (a freeware app) for burning ISOs and Dual Layer disk in general.

Please answer my first questions though, we can come to burning later on.

5. trevatron

trevatron Guest

Each iso is 3.97GB and is Half of a whole PS2 game.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ok, well, first off, ISOs (in most cases) are read only, so merging them is pretty much a no go.
    What you're gunna have to do, is extract the contents of each ISO and then recomplile a new, larger, ISO file.

To extract the ISOs, i reccomend you use ISOBuster, and then to rebuild the ISO you can use IMGBurn.. see this guide.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/383878

(I'm slightly winging it here, as this is about PS2 games, so it may be slightly different, but principle is the same, so give it a try)

7. trevatron

trevatron Guest

okey doeky I'll give it a go and let you know how it went, I'll burn them to a virtual drive and sort it out from there, thanks a lot chapper, much appreciated

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ok, cool. Keep me posted ;-)

9. trevatron

trevatron Guest

OH MY GOD. for your own sanity don't ever try this! I'll try and explain but its still hurting my brain. i know i shouldn't assume things but this is what i think is going on...
    STEP 1) I burn't Both .ISO's to there own Virtual Drives (VD)
    STEP 2) No Joy with ImgBurn, Seems to be tailored toward Media not data.
    Step 3) Thought about manually(?) creating an image file by copying the contents of the VD's to one folder then copying the contents of this folder to yet another VD unfortunatly the splitting of the PS2 disk Did more than just that. it appears to have split files (God knows how they did this...) as well.
    while this may pi.. me off greatly (due to the fact it'll be a cold day in hell when you catch me trying to fit that lot together!) i know that such quarms don't bother the ps2 which reads things much the same way as a record player reads the grooves on vinyl, hence why swap magic works and if FMV on a game stalls you can take the disk out give it a clean pop it back in and roberts mums brother. so my findings from this experiance? don' do it unless you really enjoy that sort of thing...

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Have you tried ISOBuster ot extract the files like I suggested?

I had a feeling this wasn't going to work.. >.<

11. trevatron

trevatron Guest

tried it. same problem though end up with two files that need to be one (ahh aint it cute...) cheers for your help though, ta!

12. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hmm, that's pretty useless then! Someone may be able to help you out with a tried and tested method, but I cannot, sorry.