1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I put a DIVX file onto a DVD-R and make it work on my stand alone DVD player?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Rouge006, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Rouge006

Rouge006 Guest

How can I put a DIVX file onto a DVD-R and make it work on my stand alone DVD player?

What tools do I need?

Thanx for the help.

2. Rouge006

Rouge006 Guest

Ive encoded it with TMPGEncoder and burned with Nero but it doesnt work on standalones.

3. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

as far as I know dvd stand alones don't support divx, YET, but I've heard rumors that they might in the future. if you want it to play off of your dvd you can convert it to svcd (preferrable, but usually more than once disc) or vcd (one disk usually but less quality)

4. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

for the U.S. that is

5. Rouge006

Rouge006 Guest

So i cant convert Divx into a compatible format to play on a stand alone?.......I always have to convert it to vcd or svcd?

6. bang

bang Member

Yes. But anyway there is little point in VCD or SVCD as you will lose too much quality.

7. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

right, divx is best for small size and best quality but svcd gets good quality but at much higher file sizes

8. bopcock

bopcock Member

If you use TMPGE to create a DVD it should give you an m2v file, then use a DVD authoring program (a lot of DVD burners come with MyDVD) to do the layout and burn it...