1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i see what is my firmware version.

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mhatip, Feb 26, 2003.

1. mhatip

mhatip Member

I have the Pioneer A05, and i haven't done any upgrades on my firmware yet. And i dont know which version i have from the original manufacturer. Also if there is a new version of the firmware, should i update it for better compatability purpose?

Also can i save my original firmware before i update it, incase i want to put back my original firm ware.

Also what do you think about Ritek x4 DVD-Rs, are they good for the Pioneer A05 to be used at x4. And is the quality of the media better, so it is more compatible on most DVD stand alone players.

Thanks.

2. hugyou

hugyou Guest

Use Diskjuggler or Alcohol 120%.

It shows firmware version to you like DRU-500A (1.0g). :)

hugyou

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2003
  3. mhatip

mhatip Member

I looked at Alcohol 120% and there it says
    Product Revision Level and there it says 0.52. Is that my firmware version? I see other people talk about version 1.21 or 1.22, does that mean my Pioneer A05, is out of date. and where can i get the later firmware for the Pioneer A05. I chk'd Pioneers web site but they only have firmware upgrade for their a04/a03 version.

4. xgasman

xgasman Member

Checking your firmware version varies according to which OS you are using. What is your operating system? W98? XP? In W98 you should be able to see your firmware in the properties of the drive in DEVICE MANAGER. In XP you have to go into MY COMPUTER>rt click the dvd writer>choose PROPERTIES>choose SETTINGS and your firmware should be there.