1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i shrink a movie a d/l off line

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lilcrazy, Mar 11, 2007.

1. lilcrazy

lilcrazy Guest

I can not figure out how to shrink the movies i have been downloading.I have been getting the movies on line im no dummie to this at all.I have no problem with burning from a dvd.I use dvd shrink for that along with clone dvd and it works great for me.BUT i want the movies that are on line i have tryed everything to shrink them.I have this program called winrar but i dont no exactly what i should do when it asks me. Extract files ect. im lost. Is there a better program for shrinking and easier.I have all there movies and i cant watch them because i cant shrink them.Will dvd shrink ,shrink them? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

WinRAR is an app that shrinks files down to a more manageable size to send as uploads or downloads. When you open winrar you'll see a number of files in rar format. Select the first file and then extract to a named folder on your hdd. All files will be extracted to that folder....no need to extract each individual file.

What you need is to firstly convert those files from .Avi to Dvd files, amd then use DvdShrink to compress them onto a single layer disc. Use this Link for a guide on "how to" (sixth one down) there's software there also. All the best.

Cheers.

3. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

or you can just buy the movie..

but anyways.

extract = get files from the .zip / .rar file
    compress = make a .zip / .rar file

thats basically all you need to know..