1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i tell if my xbox is already modded?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by s41ntn1k2, Mar 6, 2008.

1. s41ntn1k2

s41ntn1k2 Guest

i bought my xbox used, so i dont know if it has already been softmodded or not? is there any way in finding this out without taking my whole xbox apart? i apreciate the help

2. Tomish

Tomish Member

Was the xbox totally wiped clean when you bought it? If so you're out of luck there. Memory cards clean? What you'd be looking for is files with certain names. Like, linux, SID, Ndure wierd names. If nothing, then flip the xbox over. Has any of the labels been peeled off, or the rubber pieces in the corners gone revealing screws? If so then maybe someone has already voided the warranty. Either way, unless it's chipped you have nothing without the gamesaves.

3. s41ntn1k2

s41ntn1k2 Guest

i bought it like a year ago, im just wondering if there is a way to figure out if i should waste all my money on all the stuff i need to softmod my xbox, when it has allready been modded. the labels and foam peices are all there

4. s41ntn1k2

s41ntn1k2 Guest

i didnt see any of the weird names u mentioned but i dont know if i was looking in the right place. im new at this so is the correct place just in the memory section, like the game saves?

5. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

Does it boot to the standard M$ dash? Does it boot to another more sophisticated dash? If the name plates on the bottom aren't punctured so as to access the screws underneath, then it's not chipped (hard modded), so then the other option is softmodded. If when you turn it on it goes to the stock dashboard, then it isn't softmodded. And what money would you be wasting? If you're talking about an Action Replay, they're not too expensive (I got mine for like $8.00). And there is a FAQ that tells you how to do a softmod without it.

6. s41ntn1k2

s41ntn1k2 Guest

it boots the same and everything, i think im just going to put softmod on it.

is there any good places i can get the old halo 2 maps? mostly lock out and zanzibar.

7. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

how about off the disc?

8. s41ntn1k2

s41ntn1k2 Guest

how do i do that? ive seen people talkign about doing it, but never read into it. do u know if theres a tutorial anywhere?

9. varnull

varnull Guest

+1 post.. I may as well have one as well..

Get your xbox modded first, then look in the xbox software section for how to mod halo ;)

10. s41ntn1k2

s41ntn1k2 Guest

ok thanks, i will do that all i need to do is put the lunix program on my xbox