1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I "un-softmod' my original XBOX....??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Stiggy34, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stiggy34

Stiggy34 Member

I installed evox a couple years back with the Splinter Cell exploit and now wanted to return my XBOX back to its original factory condition... thing is... I didnt make any backups So IM wondering if someone can tell me what I need to do and where I can get stuff on the web I need???

Cheers in advance!!!

2. Stiggy34

Stiggy34 Member

ACtually kinda figured it out... I used Slayer 2.6 to restore everything to factory settings and it worked like a charm... my softmodded games no longer work... cheers!

3. eckerline

eckerline Member

Hey Stiggy. I have this same problem except I am unsure if mine is softmodded or hardmodded. When you used slayer 2.6 where you able to play on xbox live? Also, can you send me a link of where to download it?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

A good indicator you have a hardmod would be the placement of an external switch most times anyway,it would be best to be sure, assuming the flash style mod doesn't require any pulling apart of the xbox then both of the stickers on the underside should be complete as one of them has a screw under it,if however it is torn then it would be quicker to pull the xbox apart & look for the pin connectors & any wires coming from it,unless anyone with experiance of how to tell a flash from a hard

EDIT: My understanding is if the box is flashed you can't ftp to it,that'd be an easier way to tell can anyone confirm this

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  5. eckerline

eckerline Member

alright. thanks alot friend. so if the sticker isn't ripped it most likely is softmodded. and do you have any suggestions on how to unmod my xbox?

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Sorry not a clue

7. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

whether you are able to ftp to your xbox depends on the dashboard, has nothing to do with whether it has a chip or not.

some tricks to see if it is chipped / not running of the original ms bios:

if at startup you see an evox logo (upper left) or the text executor (might have a different color logo), than you are not running of the orginal bios. so either a modchip or a tsop flash! if you have switches, you will have a modchip most of the times (forgetting about the v1.0 and v1.1 multibank boot tricks).

if you don't have switches, and you do see any of the above logo's, you will have a tsop flash (forgetting about the multibank boot on the v1.0 / v1.1 boxes).

if the stickers are not torn, you will most probably have a softmod (although the sticker might be removed and put back without breaking them....)

secondly:
    if you put in a copy of a game and you are able to boot it directly at startup (so not via your dashboard e.g. avalaunch, evox etc.etc.), then you have either a chip or a tsop flash!!

how to unmod?
    put in the slayer disc (download it somewhere), and boot it via your dashboard (softmod) and choose the reinstall ms dash option/restore to factory conditions. that will put it back to factory default settings and remove your softmod (see the post earlier)

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Cheers Dennis for clearing things up

9. eckerline

eckerline Member

wow. I didn't exactly get what all of that meant, but knowing most of the signs it seems to me like I have a softmodded 360. Dennis would you be able to send me a link to download the slayer disc and help me through how to burn it to a DVD. You have been so much help to me so far and I am very greatful!

10. eckerline

eckerline Member

by the way I also have AID 4.1 downloaded, but don't know how to burn to a DVD. Do you suggest the slayer disc or AID 4.1? Whichever one you think feel free to just send a link to the download page. :D

11. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

i assume you mean 'i have a softmodded xbox ! (a regular one, not a 360...).

aid or slayer, both will work. i use slayer (smaller download, less apps etc.), but aid has more.

i assume aid is zipped (.zip) or winrarred (.rar). extract the image so that is has the extension ',iso'. (do not extract the iso file, winrar / winiso both can extract the iso file. you do not want to do that. just end up with aid.iso or whatever the filename before .iso is.) then burn that as an disc image, you can use nero or whatever. even dvd decryptor, of winiso.

but, if you have a softmodded xbox 1 that still has the backup files on it, you can run the sid installer again and choose the option from there to remove the softmod / return to factory default. the sidinstallers are all in the download section.

but remember, after putting it back to factory default you wont be able to boot / play any copies anymore... neither will you be able to boot any non-original disc anymore!!

12. eckerline

eckerline Member

Hey Dennis,
    I am not very good with all this stuff because I bought my xbox 360 modded and thats it so I have no clue what I am doing. By the way it is an xbox 360 that I have not the original xbox so maybe that is why this hasn't been working. I downloaded AID 4.1 from afterdawn but now I am clueless about what to do. Please help me by giving me the simplest and really detailed instruction that I can follow easily. If this doesn't work as a last resort would you be able to mail me a DVD of the slayer disc or AID 4.1? I reall want to figure this out.

13. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

well, in that case this post can be closed. the xbox 360 cannot be softmodded (what you see is the original ms dashboard), at best you can reflash the dvd drive's firmware. furthermore you are in the xbox 1 section, so look better where you post next time. there is a 360 section. post your questions there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.