1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how cool should your processor and graphics card run

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by rugripper, Aug 23, 2005.

1. rugripper

rugripper Guest

my comp runs at 52 c at idle but when i put a game like farcry,doom,half-life[you know what im trying to say] the temp will jump to 65 c.somtimes the comp will crash in the middle of the game and restart can you help me out?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what cpu are you using, is the heatsink fan assembly stock, what is the system temp & what is the total # of fans in your case including psu??

3. rugripper

rugripper Guest

i just bought another pro fan for the comp and artic silver droped the pro temp down to 40c its an 2800+ amd athon xp 6800 gt overclocked agp bgb? 512 ram 256ram should the video run at 56c 59c on idle and about 63 c running full out on dungeon siege 2 half_life 2 doom 3 etc u know what i mean.can i cool the card.i also have the side of the case off

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2005
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

make certain the videocard fan is spinning properly, it's heatsink is clean of dust. get 1 or 2 agp slot fans to sandwhich the videocard to pull hot air off the videocard. add some case fans to pull & push air in & out of the case.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005