1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Did They Do It?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lab_harts, May 30, 2007.

1. lab_harts

lab_harts Member

first off, forgive me if this is going to be a "very basic" question...and I'm sure, my question would've been asked "somewhere" else too many times already...I must admit, I really don't know where to start.

How do I create a DVD that can hold all of eg. 24 season 6?...I don't know if it's the exact term, but where I come from it's called DVD9 (one which can contain up to 8 movies)...what can I use to "shrink" those avi files to fit them all in one DVD?.....I'd really appreciate all help which you can give...ty so much!

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

if you have AVI files then you need to convert them first and then burn. But if you want to burn the files as a Data disk make sure your player can view AVI format files! but if you have a store bought DVD then can rip and burn the DVD but you need to address the encryptions so you can copy the disk. Doing Episode DVDs you need to keep the menu so you have navigation from one episode to the next, and so on. there are many ways of doing these.... but first what are you trying to do? copy a DVD or you have AVI files and need to put them on DVD? I'm a little confused on what you are doing. but have no fear.... either way here are some guides for you to follow:
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm

3. lab_harts

lab_harts Member

Thank you so much for "bearing" with my question :) ...

I have this complete season 6 of 24 (AVI files) which I want to burn into DVD, the only (dumb) problem I got what program/software can I use to "resize" these files so they can fit into one DVD...can I use that program called DVDShrink?...anyway, I'll check out the site that you gave me...thank you very much!...I really appreciate you taking time to answer my question :)

4. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Regardless whether they are AVI files or VOB files, I WOULD NOT suggest putting the entire season on 1 dvd (even if it's a DL dvd). You will run into menu problems even if they work at all and the video quality will be so bad because the files would have been shrunk soooooo much. It is not worth it.