1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I actually play my downloaded PC game torrent?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by newbie321, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie321

newbie321 Member

I just downloaded this huge torrent file of the PC version of Star Wars Republic Commando. I have no idea how to play it. I have WINRAR. The files name is 03.01.05.Star_Wars_Republic_Commando-PCGAME and in the file it contains 2 folders: CD1 and CD2. In each folder the links all end in pcg and a number. For example: swr2-pcg.023

If you guys have any clue as to wat i am to do next, it would be great. Thankx :D

2. cdneger

cdneger Member

I assume the two folders contain a large number of smaller files? You need to unrar them. Just select the topmost one (presumably number one) and unrar that, and the rest will automatically follow. And voila, a cd image in some form appears, which you can either burn or mount with Daemon tools. You follow?

3. newbie321

newbie321 Member

ya im pretty sure i understand...but do you know where i could find a program to unrar it?

thankx

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

WinRAR unRARs it. All you have to do is click one of the files that's a .rar file and then extract the game files that's the in the .rar (or it may be in a .iso)

5. newbie321

newbie321 Member

HEY something actually worked
    Thankx a lot
    Someone should be payin you guys

6. cdneger

cdneger Member

Want my bankaccount number? I also take Paypal and all major credit cards.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  7. guamon

guamon Member

how did u guys get it working?
    i got to the part where i start a new game and it loads like 100% or sumthing and freezes. any1 know why this is happening?

8. Gilthanas

Gilthanas Member

omg I cant figure this out....I unrared it but tis still a bunch of files with no cd image

9. LegKick

LegKick Member

Gilthanas,

Where did you extract the files to?

10. Gilthanas

Gilthanas Member

I extracted it to the same folder

11. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

12. Gilthanas

Gilthanas Member

yea thx alot I figured it out after that...thatwas the only game ive ever gotten that I couldnt find a way to install

13. antialias

antialias Guest

Alright, I've dwnlded the files and have created an image for CD-1 and Cd-2. I have installed the game with no problems so I assume that everything is fine. But a problem comes up when I want to run the game. I can get to the game screen menu that has the options of playing, going to the website and help, among other things. But when I want to play it gives me "Wrong disk inserted. Please insert origional disk into CD/DVD drive.". So I have tried mounting the image of either CD to different virtual drives made by daemon tools, and I still get the same message. Everything is O.K. except starting the game. Help?

14. morussia

morussia Guest

i downloaded republic commando and i install it with damon tools and at the end of installation i get the error message wrong volume what does that mean and what should i do

15. Gilthanas

Gilthanas Member

well first you have to get a crack for the game.........a no-cd crack just get it from a website or (mininova.org...then search Republic Commando....and look for Vengeance crack...) then just replace the picture in the systems folder with the picture given to you from the crack....youll figure it out

16. Prophecy8

Prophecy8 Guest

I have the same game.. "Republic Commando" and I have those bunch of files...when i go to extract them each of the BIN and CUE files for each rar file is the exact same size and name. I dont think im suppose to overwrite..am I? I read the forum by lumbjack but it doesnt answer my question and someone else had the same problem but nobody replied.

If you can tell me what to do i will greatly appreciate it. Thanks

17. Tonedef_

Tonedef_ Member

I can't figure out how to get this nocd crack to work...I have copied the files into their spots (veneance crack)they aren't the same file names though. It still says "No CD detected"...am I doing something wrong?

18. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Majorly wrong. It's called pirating.

19. Tonedef_

Tonedef_ Member

......I am just going along with the topic for 1 and 2 you don't know if I actually borrowed the game from my brother copied the image and messed up.

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Sorry about that. I misunderstood you to be the author of the thread (don't know how it happened, just did)

Still, talking about cracks isn't allowed either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.