1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i add films to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tiny123, Dec 3, 2004.

1. tiny123

tiny123 Member

hi ppl

ive just got the hang of puttign avi clips into dvd format and then shrinking them down to a nice size ..and now im into the proccess where i want to put them onto a dvd-r disc but i dont want to have 1 dvd-r disc for 1 30min clip as that would seem very pointless as the clip after shrinking is only 438mb now and i'd like to have about 6 on 1 dvd disc with a menu ..is this possible and if so can any 1 show me a guide or direct me into the right direction plz?

the format of the avi clip after changing it is now set into .vob and .bup and .nfo which came out from 178 mb to 1gb and i shrinked it down to 438mb

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

What I would do is to convert the avi files NOT into DVD format, but mpeg format. Then many burning programs (e.g. Nero) can add the individual mpeg files and compile them into a single DVD title, with the individual mpeg files as chapters. You can create a menu and other things (e.g. buttons) for the final compilation too. This is like making your own DVD video from more than one clips, and you can add mpeg files as many as you like so long as the final product does not exceed the DVD's capacity.