1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I Backup on cd-r,a DVD I smartripped to HD?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by davidrose, Apr 9, 2003.

1. davidrose

davidrose Guest

I would like to back-up a dvd on cd-r discs but the files are to big to put on a cd-r should I split all these files or is there a better way? I do not want a svcd or divx I only want backups that i can playback on my HD that are perfect in quality. .avi and Divx do make smaller files and are fine on my pc notebook but I just purchased an HD 16.9 TV and want the same video and 5.1 english dolby digital that is all I want ripped. Please refer me to a page that will show me how this is done or help me if I need to encode it split it splice it I have the tools. What you suggest I will get the software needed
    Thanks for any help at all

2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

3. oivaf223

oivaf223 Guest

download DVDX 2 or DVDX 2.1 or .2.after you rip your dvd to your hd, use this software. choose file then open dvd root (remember where you saved the rip)then click encode. the input settings will automatically be set.now you can change the output settings (choose vcd,svcd or avi) the rest is auto configured. unless you want to change more but you have the possibility of it not giving back good or best results.
    your welcome

I hope I helped you out