1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn 2 - 3 DVD movies at once

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BlueMax30, Aug 19, 2006.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I am using 7.5.0.2

I think it also is in the version 6 editions.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  2. redice

redice Regular member

@larrylje

ok thanks.

@creaky

what is this feature under in nero 6.6.0.18?

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

it's exactly where larrylje's pic says it is, maybe you only have the express version ?

4. redice

redice Regular member

ok thanks creaky and i found it.

5. creaky

no probs; i only found it by mistake once or someone menioned it on a thread somewhere; i wouldn't have noticed otherwise, just a little innocuous tickbox; have fun with it, i use it very heavily, it's a joy to use, saves one hell of a lot of time..

6. redice

redice Regular member

yeah i'm i will have fun using it.

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i have nero 6.6.0.18 i cant find this anywhere would love to try this if i can does anyone know where it is at in nero 6.6.0.18

8. creaky

i use 6.6.0.18 and it's exactly where it says it should be from previous page. maybe you're using Nero express

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincyrob

I did it last night. With internal and external burners. I did an ISO file I had on HDD. First I tried to burn the same ISO on two burners at same time. I opened the file in Nero Burning Rom (6.6.0.18) and chose to burn. Somehow I didn't (I believe) have the burn with multiple burners checked. Look up in this thread for laryylje's pix. So one burner started. The other sat there, so I decided to open a new session NBR and select a different file and start it off. Well low and behold the first one is at 60% and the other starts it's burn. They both finally finished and of all media the memorex DVDs played fine.

I was still trying to get it with 2 going on same file . So I made sure checked multiple writes and selected one of them then when you hit burn it asks you to choose the burnerS you want to use. Both 16X burners finshed in tandem at about 10 1/2 min. Again memorex both play fine. I just skipped thru chapters and didn't watch the movies.

BTW I only use Memorex for tests such as this. TY T02s are for the real stuff.

I will try to write down the steps if I do some more and post them.

Edit: I tried to post a log I selected the wrong one. The one I wanted was only printed and not saved to HDD.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  10. creaky

- i'd normally say get rid of the Roxio :)

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah creaky I would but so far it hasn't caused any problems. I KNOW it shouldn't be there, but Roxio is a much easier and better Audio suite than Nero. They've coexisted for probably over 3 years now. I've even got drag n drop installed but not InCD. They are never run at the same time. Neither Nero or Roxio starts on start up. Just lucky I guess. Older 2.26 Dell pc.XP SP2. Clean HDDs.

12. creaky

only messing...i know some people have good luck with both co-existing. I used to swear by Easy CD Creator between versions 3 and 4 some years back. Version 5 was atrocious so i turned to Nero 5 and kept faithful to Nero until 6.6.0.18 where i've stayed for every more (lost interest in all the bloat and bugs after that point) :p

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

We think alike, except for the audio I still use Roxio. Not that I do many edits anymore. Nero 7 will never darken my HDD. I don't think 6.6.0.18 could be better. I do DLs now with ImgBurn so no need for 7! I got pi$$ed at Roxio when I got XP and version I used would NOT work. I bought it one more time and then informed them I would never buy it again. They do very little updating just new versions to buy.

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok if i open up my nero start smart where do i go from there

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Just for you Cincyrob. I feel guilty. To Multi burn an ISO file (4.7 GB and probably 9GB) on HDD

1. Open Nero Ultra Suite 6.6.0.18
    2. Open Nero Burning Rom (NBR)
    3. X out the window that opens in NBR
    4. Click on top left on FOLDER
    5. Find where your ISO is located and highlight it and click open
    6. Burn Compilation window opens:check multiple recorders. Then click burn
    7. In the Choose recorder(s) window that opens, highlight the 2 burners you want to use (mine shows all three and would probably do them all). Click OK
    8. Put media in drives as they will open automatically. I assume they stay close if they are already loaded.
    9. Click on the burn Icon and both drives spin up. * when I did it the first time I used internal and external 16X drives different brands, both stopped about same time with nice new DVDs booktyped to DVD-ROMs.

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thanks garmoon. but ive just learned i dont have the ultra version i just have the OEM that came with my burner im just sol on the duel burning for right now, which is ok cause i dont have the setup for burning 2 at the same time. for 1 i only have 1 burner and i only have 512ddr mem..i was just curious to what it looked like and if i have it for when i do get my other burner...thanks again i did copy and paste you guide there so i can have for future ref... thanks again

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Cincyrob

I only have 512 MB Rambus memory. I checked during the burns with task manager. The CPU usage stayed below 35% with my 2.26.P 4. I also had 171MB memory tp spare.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006