1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i burn a cd iso to a dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jadariipa, Jan 5, 2008.

1. jadariipa

jadariipa Regular member

the deal is i ran out of cds and i just wanna know is it possible to put the isos on a dvd i did research and ran across a thread that said it was possible but didnt show any further info so if anyone knows if it is possible please let me know thanks

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. jadariipa

jadariipa Regular member

ive tried image burn put the dvd in the console and got the browser by the way im trying to burn a dc game ive burned a few already til of course i ran out of cds ive also tried to burn the dvds the same way but alcohol and disc juggler wont accept dvds

4. LOCOENG

And what happened, no dice?

5. jadariipa

jadariipa Regular member

sorry i just opened up image burn and i see that i was thinking of a different program but i did try img burn and it woulndt even accept the img,ccd,it says invalid or unsupported image file format even though it shows up in the source file browser ive even tried mounting it and creating an iso but it says the same thing unsupported

6. LOCOENG

Have you tried to browse to you file in "build" mode and let Imgburn create the ISO for you?

EDIT: Actually Imgburn might not be recognizing the file structure in your image...see here:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5342&hl=unsupported

The new version should hit the street pretty soon. If you have Nero you might give it a shot with Burning Rom or Express.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  7. jadariipa

jadariipa Regular member

alright the build went smooth and the write was accepted but it still didnt work but im going to mess around with it thanks for all your help

8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

9. jadariipa

jadariipa Regular member

i have nero ive tried that too but it didnt work either maybe you mean burning rom which i dont have i just have nero 7 essentials that came with my pioneer dvd burner

10. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Ahhh you've got the dodgy OEM version of Nero that came without Burning ROM. Uninstall that one it's useless, download the trial version here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Nero-7-Premium.shtml

Easiest way of putting ISO's onto DVD that I know of is to use Alcohol 120% if you have it. If not download it here: http://filehippo.com/download_alcohol_120/

Then just run the "Image Burning Wizard" and it should ask you whether you want to use your DVD+R drive to burn to a DVD. When it does say yes, obviously.

11. varnull

varnull Guest

errr.. has anybody actually read what the op is attempting?..

Burn a dreamcast CD iso to a dvd.. That will fail for more than one reason.. first and foremost.. The dreamcast has a cd-rom drive.. second.. the first thing a burning program is going to do with this iso is set up the disk type.. cd iso means it is a cd image. There is no way to directly burn a cd image on a dvd.. wrong disk type error from the burning engine every time.

You can store the iso on a dvd by burning it as a data disk, or if you use something like isobuster/isomagik you can rip the files out and make a new iso for burning to dvd.. you need to specify the disk type when you make the iso, not after. But it still will not work in a dreamcast.

12. jadariipa

jadariipa Regular member

varnull that pretty much answered my ?...i was at wallgreens at 7 in the morning so i got my cds lol i didnt think it was possible either

13. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@varnull,
    Absolutely correct!

I should read more carfully.He mentioned something about building the ISO, thought he took care of unpacking/repacking.

It would be like trying to burn a VCD compilation directly onto a DVD Video.

Sorry jadariipa, could've saved you some time, had I read more carefully! Will blame it on late hours of the night(or maybe early of the morning)!

14. jadariipa

jadariipa Regular member

its cool cyprusrom thanks for the help

15. LOCOENG

I missed that part myself...for some reason when console was mentioned I was thinking "interface". oopsey.

16. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Well, I guess we get our demerit points:)!