1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I burn a downloaded movie onto dvd

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dllfb, Nov 2, 2005.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

dont delete nero.I preffer to use an encoder that is solely designed for encoding,Think its a more traditional way of doing things.The link i provided should link directly to vso divx to dvd.Later versions of this program arent free but are faster and can incorporate .srt files etc(sub titles)

you will still need to use nero to burn your files

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

3. dllfb

dllfb Member

to download the nero 7 the other nero files had to be deleted....shall I redownload nero start smart?

4. dllfb

dllfb Member

woops spoke too soon guess it's part of nero 7 because it was removed and now a new icon is on my desktop for nero start smart...
    I am unable to open the TMPg file from the link you sent me...

5. dllfb

dllfb Member

I have tried burning the same movie as yesterday with the nero 7...I am still getting the same message as yesterday as I soon as I enter the VTS file to Nero Express window......."You have added dvd video content to a compilation type that will not result in a dvd-video compliant disc. To create video playable on stand alone dvd players, please use dvd-video compilation type."
    Or am I now suppose to reload the movie again fresh?

6. dllfb

dllfb Member

I have finally managed to download the TMPGE file as you recommended.
    Still getting same message though...

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

also is nero 7 the recode version?

9. dllfb

dllfb Member

It is the recode version....but do I run my video_ts folder through this before I attempt the tmpg? Now...when I go to Nero7 recode..and
    click on the disc info button a window pops up stating that ...no disc is inserted or drive not ready....I have tried placing a dvd+r and a dvd-r disc in there...still pops up with the same message...is there something wrong here?

10. dllfb

dllfb Member

ok andmerr..I have read the guides....but now I'm more confused...what exactly am I suppose to do with this video_ts folder...it now contains 3 files...????
    a) image.nrg CD Image 797,441kb
    b) VTS_01_1.VOB 1,048,574kb
    c) VTS_o1_2.V0B 797,058 kb

11. dllfb

dllfb Member

Woops...now when I try to watch the file on my computer there's no sound anymore....??????????

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

ok , slow down.
    1.This is the way i use recode.

1.Open recode up.

[​IMG]

Make sure you select dvd from the tab at the top and also click on recode from the side menu as well.(see where the arrow is)

2.As my project was converted with vso divx to dvd like yours and was an avi but now in the mpeg2 format i usually select remake a dvd.

[​IMG]

3.The next screen is where you import your converted files to nero recode.Click on the import titles button and then:

[​IMG]

4.locate where the converted files are on your pc:

[​IMG]

5.Highlight the titles, in my case 2 and click the add button at the bottom

[​IMG]

6.Your titles are now in the recode program.If i have 2 parts to the same movie or all the files got batch encoded at thye same time with vso divx to dvd you have the option to either leave them separated or merge them together as one project.

[​IMG]

7.i have merged them but you can separate them as needed

[​IMG]

then press the next button at the bottom of the screen.

8.Now the next picture is the destination of where you want the files to go.Click the arrow and instead of burning them to your hard drive like me, i suggest you choose your burner.

[​IMG]

9.If you want to try any off the 3 boxes thats up to you but i generally dont bother unless theres some thing thats really good and i may choose the deep analysis function.Now press the burn button

[​IMG]

10.you can see the process is starting to work with compiling the dvd infomation:

[​IMG]

11.A further step of the process.After the compiling and re encoding your project will strt to be burnt to disc.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2005
  13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

12.As i only chose a small 200meg project the time it took was marginal but with larger projects and depending on the capabilities of your pc will determine the time factor.

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

[​IMG]

Now the burnings almost done.The next image is the question on the log file.I only keep them if the program errors out and then you can post them on AD and they can get deciphered and we can tell you how to fix the problem.

[​IMG]

see how you go.

15. dllfb

dllfb Member

wow Andmerr thanks so much for your time....however...when I get to the window where you must import titles of the folder where there is
    the 3 files I stated earlier
    b) VTS_01_1.VOB 1,048,574kb
    c) VTS_o1_2.V0B 797,058 kb
    ...I open the folder and there is nothing there...however they are there in that folder in the computer...the add button isn't useable...

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

how did you end up with :

you should have a folder with all this in it only if you did the steps using firstly vso divx to dvd to encode and then nero recode to burn.

[​IMG]

17. dllfb

dllfb Member

yipee...found them in my video folder...imagine that...lol!
    ok..all is well until I get to the burn setting...I have two choices only...for destination...hard disk folder and image recorder are my only options here...when I go to image record and burn, the save as window pops up with my documents on it...when I scroll save in file to my dvd/cd E: drive
    it says insert a disc...I keep inserting a dvd-r or even a +r disk in it and it doesn't recognize it...keeps says insert a disk...so have tried to save it to my hard drive as you did but the message comes up that I don't have enough space in my hard disk to save all files.
    What now????

18. andmerr

andmerr Guest

ok now i think i asked you this question before.Can you provide your pc stats?

All hardware 1st then software?

19. dllfb

dllfb Member

excuse my ignorance....again....but how do I do that?

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

do you know what your pc is?
    Is it a pentium 4 ?
    operating system?
    hard ware: whats your burner? cd or dvd
    how bigs the hard drive?
    how much ram do you have installed

what burning programs are you running?(apart from nero)