1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn a downloaded Movie to dvd?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kbearmone, Mar 2, 2005.

1. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

I downloaded a movie, the file type is avi. I have dvd shrink, dvd clone, nero 6. How do I burn? I need to know everything. Do I have to convert it? Where do I go to do it? Can I use Nero? Exactly what to use, dvd video, dvd rom, dvd copy. I'm clueless.

2. Needakip

Needakip Regular member

Nero will Do It

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

kbearmone,
    Check out my website (link in my sig) There is a guide there called "Using NVE to create a DVD movie" Thats what you need and you will be well on your way!!

Good Luck :)

4. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

Thnx so Much. It worked great. The step by step was awesome. One more thing, I went to skip to the middle of the first eps. and it took me to the second eps. Then I it again and it took me back to the main menu. Is there anyway to put in the section chapters. Either 5 or 10 minutes.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes there is as mentioned in the guide there is a bunch of other things you can do that was just the basics to get you started. I am at work right now so it is kind of hard to talk you threw the process so when I get home I will post another reply :)

6. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

Thnx, for your help, but I went back and looked around and I found where to add chapters. The only thing is, everytime I add more than 3 chapters, nero freezes up and I have to start over. I've tried it like 12 times w/ the same results. Is there something wrong w/ the file or is it my nero, which I've never had problems with.

7. kchev

kchev Regular member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I also use that program DivxToDVD but it only converts and doesnt allow you to add chapters or menus and all the other neat stuff you can do with NVE. Simply if just want to convert the file and burn it to a DVD without menus or chapters then yes DivXToDVD would be the way to go but if you want the menu and chapters then you need something else and NVE is IMO the easiest and best program for that. :-0

9. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

Just tried to add chapters 2 more times, both w/ same results. Is there anything else that can add chapters?

10. kchev

kchev Regular member

all of the movies i have ever done with vso divx to dvd have automatically had chapters in it
    i didn't have to do anything but open the file, choose destination, and convert

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That would be fine then, but I usually am converting TV shows recorded on my TV tuner card and thus no chapters. That does sound a little strange though an AVI with chapters?? hmmm

12. kchev

kchev Regular member

i know i thought it was pretty cool because that was one thing i always hated before, no chapters. i didn't care enough to make them

i found it by accident as i was scanning through movie to see how it looked because i wasn't expecting chapters

the original avi does not have chapters, only the output vob files to be burnt on dvd
    i guess divxtodvd has some kind of chapter editer during the conversion

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah it does automatically split the .VOB's down at 1GB which creates the chapters. That I did know but I thought you were talking about chapters like a regular DVD movie that would be different. My bad ... I pretty much use DivXtoDVD most of the time because I really don't care for the chapters and crap anyway and even if I convert 2 different files at the same time with DivxToDVD which is what I do most of the time (Just hold cntrl down and select them both) then you can just use the title button on your DVD remote to go from one episode to the other (most people don't know that) So you see no need really for the menus, but somepeople can't live without them.. :)

14. kchev

kchev Regular member

i just checked a disc out of curiosity to see how the chapters were made and it appears a chapter is made every 5 minutes. the movie i checked had a total of 18 chapters.

i use to use NVE until i started using VSO, because i like just the movie and no menu. i hate that gay menu that NVE makes you configure. i know you can choose playback to start with menu, but i thought you could leave the menu out of the disc and skip that step altogether. either i can't remember or i am hallucinating. :)