1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I burn A DVD with Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Shibby123, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Shibby123

Shibby123 Member

OK I have Nero and I cannot make a dvd. I go to DVD then make it so I have DVD video. I have avi and mpg files but all Nero will burn is vob, ifo, bup files. I cannot find any movie files that end in those and I cannot figure out how to convert files into one. How can I go about doing this? Do I need a program to convert it or where can I download a file like that? Or can Nero burn mpg and avi files but won't let me or is there a way so Nero will?

2. Germ

Germ Member

I suggest you try downloading both "DVD Decrypter" and " DVD 2one". Run your DVD through both programms ( instructions and software available @ afterdawn) and then you should have no problem.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Shibby123

You will need to make avi - mpeg1 for VCD or mpeg2 for SVCD
    If your trying to get avi to dvd-r you'll probably told by many not to bother as you dont gain much better quality.
    Nero will burn VCD from mpeg1 straight off or mpeg2 with a plug-in [of course depending on what version of nero you have].

4. CloneDron

CloneDron Member

Like Germ said,
    I use three programs, and have burned about 15 movies with no failure. Now the following is assuming that you want ONLY the movie and you are burning to a DVD.

1. First start with "DVD Decrypter" it automatically picks the main movie files. Save the files to the hard drive. Now, there is one thing. IF the DVD is a single layer and not a dual layer, then you'll be able to save ALL the files on the DVD. At least it has worked for me. It's always best to burn to a "RW" first to make sure it's going to work.

2. Use DVD2One to compress the files.

3. Once DVD2One is done, start Nero Express and burn the files to a DVD.
    The quality is so good that I nor my family can tell the difference.

Hope this helps!