1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn an entire website?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by kdogg86, Jul 13, 2002.

1. kdogg86

kdogg86 Guest

I'd like to burn an entire website for info purposes (drivers, computer help, etc). I have a cd that someone did for me for drivers, but its now about 2yrs old. I know its possible, but how do I do it?

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Please don't burn my site =)

I think you are best off with something called "offline browser". I suggest that you go to http://www.tucows.com and look for such software. They will dowload & collect websites for you and you can the archive the files in the way you wish.

3. GodFinger

GodFinger Regular member

What about saving the website as a web-archive into a single web-archive. (1 *.mht -file with all the images, text, and all) and then burning that file on a CD?

Or am I shoting blanks here?...

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You take the website's address from their contact page, visit local Mobil, get 2 gallons of gas, take public transportation to the website's address, pretend to be interested of their business, wait until night.. You can figure out the rest.

There are offline readers, but some sites -- like ours -- ban using offline readers, because we don't make any money if you leech our websites as then the ad codes on your offline pages are not referred from our domain and therefor ad networks don't count the banners as paying banners. In short: you kinda waste website's _too_ expensive bandwidth, specially if you d/l software/etc items as well, without giving anything back. But yes, it is possible.

5. kdogg86

kdogg86 Guest

No not gonna burn this site. But I work on peoples computer with no access to the 'net and have to sort thru lots of driver disks and such to get thier machines working. I'd like to burn a few sites that have drivers, patches, and fixes for common ailments. What about saving the entire site to my hard disk and burning it from there? How do I go about saving the entire site to my hard disk though? Thanks for the replies.

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Try something like Teleport Pro.

7. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

Will it really save the files linked from the pages ? You should check first. One website like this could be several hundreds of MB, with all drivers in all languages for all OS.