1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Burn Functional Programs/Software to cd r using Nero????

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Thailand8, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Thailand8

Thailand8 Member

I have files for a program, but they are not on a cd. I downloaded them from a website. All the files have to be together in the folder for the "setup" file to properly install the program on my computer. When I click on the file that says "setup" a setup screen appears which allows me to install the program. If I move the "setup" file out of the folder it is in with the other files, then installing the program will not work. My question is..does anyone know how I could burn these files on to a cdr so that, when I put the cdr into my computer(cd tray), the setup screen will automatically come up, like how real software is. If you go to the store and buy "microsoft office" and put it into your computer....a setup screen will appear...well I want that setup screen to appear instantly on my cd just like if I were to buy the cd in a store. I do not want to burn the files as data onto the cd so when I put it into the cd tray, I will have to click on "setup" to bring the installation screen up. This is hard to explain but its a very simple process I am talking about. Please help me if you know how to do this. Thank You

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

This really isn't a Nero question, but maybe the link below will get you started. You can check some of your other software to see what types of files they have on the CD and how they are set up.

http://www.phdcc.com/shellrun/autorun.htm

3. Thailand8

Thailand8 Member

Im sorry to post again, but just to help anybody who might be able to help me...I have taken some pictures of the installation files for the program "Auto Gordian" which is on my computer. I have added 2 folders next to the installation file just as example of what I mean....pretend that the 2 folders, have to be with the blue setup file in order for the setup file to work properly(because theres stuff in those folders that the blue setup file needs).....

Here is a picture of how it looks NOW on my computer(Picture #1):
    [​IMG]
    That blue thing is the setup file. If I click on it...the installation menu will come up, and it will look like this below(Picture #2):
    [​IMG]
    and here is a close up of that menu(Picture#3):
    [​IMG]
    Now what I am trying to do...is burn the files (the blue one and the 2 required folders) onto a cd...but after I burn the cd and put it into my cd tray and computer...I want the menu which appears in Pictures #2 and #3 to automatically appear..I do not want Picture #1 to appear. I want the computer to automatically skip picture #1, like as if the computer already clicks on the blue file to begin the set up automatically. Any help anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated. If you can not do this in Nero but can do it another way, I would like to know that too please.

4. Thailand8

Thailand8 Member

Thanks Alot Saltgrass! That is exactly what I was looking for. Please ignore the pictures and my last post, I did not see your post until after I posted because I was loading the pics and everything I guess while you were posting. Thank You so much. That explains everything!