1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn MP3 files to a CD-R?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by The_Mule, Mar 20, 2005.

1. The_Mule

The_Mule Member

Yes, probably a newbie question. :)

I've been using EAC to rip and burn .wav files for years. Now I need to burn MP3 files. But the burner software I'm using will only let me burn 80 min of MP3 files. (I'm assuming it's converting to .wav first?) Sonic's RecordNow 6.5.

Do I just burn a data disc with the MP3 files?

Thanks!

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Most CD-R's only hold 70 - 80 mins of music. Just the same as burnign wav files.if you just burn plain old MP3's to a disc, you coudl fit 700 MB of encoded files, but it woudl not play on a normal CD Player.

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

it all depends on the player you are gonna use to play them ! Newer player will play Mp3 -- check your manual and see if it can play Mp3 !

It will also tell you in what format they will accept Mp3 ; most will ask that you make a Data Cd with the Mp3 in files .

You can then put as many as it can hold -- 200 +

more if the player can play Mp3 on DVD media.

4. The_Mule

The_Mule Member

It is for an MP3/CD player. Burning it as a data disc did the trick.

I'm a little surprised that the burning software didn't make a clearer distinction between MP3->wav burning vs just MP3 burning. Oh well, learned something new today!

5. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

You also might want to try Dell's Musicmatch program. Like the others, you can convert them back and forth with ease.

Usually, I do about 50-60 songs on one cd-r using Musicmatch, plus it has the built in burning software.

But the player makes the difference as well.