1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn music on to a cd so it will play on XBox?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by robomusic, Apr 16, 2005.

1. robomusic

robomusic Member

Ive tried all different kinds softwares and formats but I cant find one that will make the cd play on my Xbox. I put all my bought cds on to Xbox hardrive but I want to be able to put burned cds on to it as well. PLEASE somebody help me!

2. ranl1059

ranl1059 Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if you want your xbox to read the contents of a cd then you should make it an ISO CD. There are a lot of tutorials on how to do this. Good luck

3. robomusic

robomusic Member

Burning in ISO format didn't work ranl1059(but thanks anyways). Does anybody out there know how to make a musical cd that will play on the GameConsole XBox. I've tried everything, if you know how to please tell me.

4. robomusic

robomusic Member

Burning in ISO format didn't work ranl1059(but thanks anyways). Does anybody out there know how to make a musical cd that will play on the GameConsole XBox. I've tried everything, if you know how to please tell me.

5. ripdox

ripdox Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  6. robomusic

robomusic Member

I tried to burn a cd using Nero in ISO format using a CD-R but it didn't work. Is there a certain format the songs should be saved as?

7. ripdox

ripdox Guest

8. Mikemc

Mikemc Member

Oh no! Could this problem be too much for our Mr-Know-it-all heros??
    Never fear! Some random guy is here!

The answer is quite simple. :)
    Burn a regular audio CD for your discman, except use a Re-Writtable CD instead! That's it! It won't play in your discman but just insert it into your xbox, turn it off and on (have it start with cd already in place) and it will read it just like a normal audio CD! If not, just restart the box until it does. And because it's an RW, you can clear it and use it again!
    I have Anime, Quake and techno for my PGR2 soundtrack :).

- Mike

9. ripdox

ripdox Guest

10. Stuman

Stuman Member

Actually the problem lies with the dvd drive installed in your xbox.

Pretty much a Samsung drive should cope with anything you throw at it, whereas thomson and phillips drive aren't so good with the cdr's and I cant remember which of the 2 sometimes sturggles with dvdr's. This is why Samsung dvd xbox drives attract more buyers and hence more money on ebay etc.

There is a page in www.xbox-scene.com that will show you how to tell the make of your drive by the tray, (Samsung has 2 holes in the tray, this I know as I have 2).

It all depends on how much you need your music on your xbox. Probably (although I've never tried it myself), the easiest way if you can't get cdr to work, try burning a dvdrw, see if that works.

Personally all my music is tranferred to my xbox via FTP, as I dont need to burn anything that way.

Hopefully that will enlighten you a little and you make some progress.

11. toney420

toney420 Guest

Stuman I have the same problem as above. My old xbox read burnt cd-rs. unfortunately my xbox died and now I have modded 1.6. FTPing my music would save discs and make the whole process easier. If you don't mind explaining where do you ftp the music files to. Cause I have some music already on my harddrive and when ftping into the xbox I don't see any of the files. Thanks in advance.

12. williej

williej Regular member

my unit chokes on cd-rs ... but will read cd-rws and dvd-rs and the like. i got tired of having to find my original discs all the time to rip to it ... google can be your best friend ... and these forums, of course.