1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i burn to dvd

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by eddieboy7, Jul 20, 2004.

1. eddieboy7

eddieboy7 Member

we do DD mixing for films...i just would to inquire if i would remix my favorite tv commercial which were originally stereo and do it in DD5.1 ...but all are saved in an MO disc from a pc. how can merge it with the video? wat program would i use?..Can Adobe Premiere do the syching? ...thanks

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Should ideally be in the DVD-R forum, as DD ain't even close to high resolution, but we'll give your question a shot for you.

What format is the original sound in?
    If it is a WAV file, then you can do this in Premiere Pro, but it won't be easy. You'll also need the Dolby Digital Encoder too.

There are several guides posted on upmixing from stereo to surround, and once this is done you will need an app like Adobe EncoreDVD to handle the Surround file.

My personal choice would be to use Steinberg's Nuendo.
    Grab the AVI of the original, extract the Audio, upmix & re encode to Dolby Digital with the Nuendo DDE.
    Then put the bits back together in Encore.

3. eddieboy7

eddieboy7 Member

thanks wilkes! were using audiofile digital work station and a DNR mixing console. Primaliry,a betacam machine is being controlled by the audiofile and we do encoding tru a dolby digital outboard encoder, the project is being saved on a MO disc using a pc, how can i export the file from the MO? We are also about to use the nuendo workstation tru introduction by a co engineer, can Nuendo see that file on the MO disc? sorry MOds if i posted it on a wrong thread...thanks

4. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Mail me offlist about how to do this using Nuendo.