1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i burn vcd?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by endless, May 13, 2002.

1. endless

endless Member

i have used TMPGEnc to encoded the movies i downloaded from kazaa, but after i encoded the movie, i try to burn it from nero. the size for the movie is way to big (1.23 GB) for me to burn it on to a cd (700 mb 80 mins) so can anyone help me?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Split it. Go to our article section for guides. And use the search feature in forums, not too hard.

3. endless

endless Member

i am sorry, i am new to this. where do i go to find out how to split it?

Last edited: May 13, 2002
  4. dRD

I think the DVD->VCD guide has instructions. Or the DivX->VCD. With TMPGEnc anyway.

5. endless

endless Member

i have used virtual dub to split the avi files in half, than i encoded the avi files to mpeg files. after that i burned on nero. but for some reason i am unable to play it on my vcd player. can anyone help?

6. dRD

Use the search, your burning process has failed (look for instructions how to burn, I recommend our Nero-VCD article) OR your player doesn't support VCD.

7. endless

endless Member

my dvd player does support vcd cuz i tried with other vcd. i followed the instruction for vcd nero burning article. but in the end it is still not working.first of all, the steps i am taking above is correct right? if so i really don't know what is wrong. please help me, i am dying to get this done. thanks

8. endless

endless Member

can anyone help? help me please.

9. dRD

Very likely a media issue, if you remembered to "finalize" the disc and burned it 4x or slower. Try some other brand. And for Sony -- most of the Sony players only support CDRWs.

10. endless

endless Member

u mean what brand my dvd player is or u mean what brand my burner is? and all the step i took above is correct right?

11. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

endless: does your dvd player plar cd-r's? and yes what brand is your home(standalone)dvd player.. have you tried the vcd on anyone else's dvd/vcd player and does it play on you computers cd-rom using win dvd or power dvd???

12. mtndew21

mtndew21 Member

Endless, I thought the same thing with my dvd player. I'd push play and nothing, but then found out that if i click on 1 movie would start.give that a try....

13. aliahmed

aliahmed Member

When you split the CD into 2 discs, do you just put the scrollbar into the middle and press Set End Frame?
    If you do, when you use Nero does it burn the 1st CD and when it's done does it say Insert Disc 2 or something?

Also, is burning to 2 Discs the exact same as burning to 1 Disc, except the only changing the Source Range?

Thanks. Please Reply. I'm new so i don't know much of this stuff.