1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Assuming you have a successful FTP connection between your xbox and PC...

1 - Download a program called Qwix to your PC.
    2 - You will not have to install it, it will run from the folder you store it in after downloading YES, It is free)
    3 - When you open the program you should be prompted to set up a connection
    4 - If not, open the program and click add in the top right corner
    5 - Select "new connection"
    6 - Description: "whatever you want it to be"
    XBOX IP: Just that, enter the IP address displayed on your Dashboard
    Login: xbox Password: Xbox
    7 - Ensure that your connection is good and power on your xbox. Once your xbox gets to the Dashboard screen, click test connection on the window still displayed from the Qwix program. It should say successful in a matter of seconds "literally"

Now, if you don't already have a successful connection established between your xbox and PC, DO THIS...

1 - You need a crossover cable if you are connecting directly to your PC from your Xbox.

2 - Your Xbox will need to be set to a Static IP address.

3 - The LAN connection you are plugging your Xbox into will also need a Static IP address.

4 - The LAN Connection & you Xbox's Static IP must be different

5 - To set up a Static IP address go to this link, select your operating system and follow the directions. http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

6 - Set up your PC's Static IP first. That way you'll have all the infor you need for your xbox. Remember, everything will be exactly the same (Subnet, Gateway, DNS, etc...) on you PC and Xbox with the exception the Static IP address.

Depending on your system, you may need to restart you PC & Xbox AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD.

Open Qwix or whatever you're using to FTP, set up a connection for your xbox (same information I gave you before and do test connection)

Remember: If you have a home network established you can use either a regular CAT-5 Lan Cable or a CAT-5 Crossover Cable. If you don't have a home network already and your connecting your xbox directly to your PC "ONLY" a crossover cable will work.

2. duchesne

duchesne Guest

okay, i had my xbox modded some time ago.. and i can't play burned games

-here's the deal. the guy who modded it said the dvd drive may be burnt out, which seems feasible, but it wouldn't explain why i can play real xbox games (or would it?)
    -i know how to burn games (grab the .iso file and burn it as a DVD image, right???)

so is this guy telling me the truth? am i burning games wrong? is my drive burnt out (partially)? or is my chip defunct?!

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

"duchesne"

It may be possible. I have (had) a DvD-RW Pioneer Drive in my PC. When it went bad I was not able to burn DvDs; I always got an error message. But I was able to burn with any format lesser than a DvD and play DvDs. So yeah, I guess it could be possible on an xbox disc drive as well.

4. duchesne

duchesne Guest

hmm, i think i might actually be burning these things wrong, come to think of it. i'm going to try it with alcohol 120 tomorrow and let you guys know what happens

5. blobby247

blobby247 Guest

hi can anyone help i have downloaded xbox games of the net but cannot copy to disc it will let me copy winraw files butnot split files its doing my head in our e mail me at NoPostingEmails@afterdawn.com thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2005
  6. gtarocks

gtarocks Member

hi evry1
    is there a way to burn a ps2 game to a 700mb cd-r
    i need to buy a dvd burner but i just dont hav the money at da moment

7. legit7

legit7 Guest

re: hi evry1
    is there a way to burn a ps2 game to a 700mb cd-r
    i need to buy a dvd burner but i just dont hav the money at da moment

of course you can burn a game to a 700mb cd-r

if you don't have that much money on you

go here www.ps2backup.vze.com

$4.00 for a (PS2) DVD-R

and free shipping on all orders

and there is a Replacement Policy : If you receive a non-working DVD-R you must return it to me for retesting before I will send a replacement. I hate to do this but I have been sending out way too many replacements that weren't needed because people don't know the boot methods of their consoles & mod setups.

8. legit7

legit7 Guest

I almost forgot try here to $3.00 per a (PS2) DVD-R

www.morbidbackups.net

not a bad price for a back up

9. legit7

legit7 Guest

To copy a cd-r disk is image wizard copy

and image wizard burn

for dvd-r format and cd-r format is the same way to burn a disk

you will get the name of the title cue and the bin file

it is very easy to copy a game

10. cameroon

cameroon Guest

K well i dont know if this helps but if you have an X box and you want to Download games/ Burn then you need to set them in DVD format. another easier and much cheaper way then getting chips. First get the very First 'Splinter cell' tom clancey, then go to a store and buy a memory card while your there you have to get this special cord that hooks from your Computer to the memory card. then take Splinter cell put it in the drive in the Computer. Note that this may or may not work. it will pop up saying it cant play so you change the File to a DVD FILE. (All just about all X-Box games are DVD encrypted not cd-r) then copy that to your memory card. after completing that take your memory card and put it in the X-Box controller. then go to the main menu and select 'Memory'. go to where your X box Memory card is (Upper left) and click/select. the go to the first thing you say it should say Legend Blankty Blank (Forget what it says) Select it then select Copy. this will now copy it to you X box. (what you copied was Splinter cell. what this does is crack the X-box making it it faster since you can run games on your hard drive now not the Cd) see the reason this works is Because the people that made the first splinter cell decided they would make it run off the hard drive and not the Cd itself. So they did that and someone Figured out they could use that to crack the X box. Getting back on topic now... Now that that has been done you now Put in the cd the Cd being Splinter Cell and you wait for load. then when done loading click on 'LOAD' when that is done you have now sucsefully cracked the X box for only a price of $15 Canadian. Now that you have Cracked the Hardrive it now works like a computer so you can change the dash from 'E vox' to 'ORIGINAL' you can now add like sege genises games super nintendo and even P/s games the first one. But not in CD format no in Rom. I'd explain but id go off. after you do this you wont be able to play online sadly :(
    I dont know if this helped i just came along this site and decided to say what i did for my X-box.

11. dude845

dude845 Regular member

omg if you wanted to burn a xbox game.....and that guy who had this question can now burn fully working games.....ask him....maybe he can tell you the secret into burning......xbox games......

12. legit7

legit7 Guest

it's easy to copy a disk

ios read

ios write

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yes, you CAN, but it's only like 2 games that will actually fit one.

If you want to backup your collection, you need a dvd burner. Simple as that.

It may be that easy to copy a ps2 disc, but it won't work with an xbox game disc buddy. That's been explained a million times, there is no other way to copy an xbox disc other than an FTP connection to your xbox.

Also, cameroon is talking about softmodding. It's a little more complicated than that, but that is the general idea.

14. cameroon

cameroon Guest

I found it easier to do it that way actually...

15. legit7

legit7 Guest

if you have trouble of backing up your own disk

there are web sites that will do it for you

16. dymx

dymx Guest

hi, i am new to the whole downloading thing. I have an xbox and i downloaded several games from emule and they were in the format of rar. so i converted them to iso. I then used qwix 101. to burn the games but when i put the CD-R in my xbox it could not read it. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? Oh, and i would like to know if there's anyway i can burn it without a modchip. please someone help me.

17. Blue_Oval

Blue_Oval Guest

talking about downloading games is forbidden here so watch out and you cant play a backed up game without a modchip or boot disc..

18. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

1) You CANNOT play a backup game without a modded xbox.

2) A cd-r? You mean a dvd-r right?

19. shazzamc

shazzamc Member

to burn xbox games with decrpter how do i find the driver and target after i have selected the iso read

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

There's a link in my signature. Click it to find out how to backup xbox games.