1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. simon1001

simon1001 Member

Ahh I can help with that.
    MDF & MDS files are associated with Demon Tools, do a Google & grab a copy, install it & it will add another CD drive letter to Windows Explorer.
    You then "mount" the MDF/MDS files by right clicking on the demon tools icon in the sys tray & selecting mount drive or image or some such thing.

Once it's mounted by clicking on the drive demon tools has assigned you should see various files.
    Then just open your burning software & select the demon tools drive to burn.

Hope that helps.

2. simon1001

simon1001 Member

Part of this question was asked elsewhere on this thread but unanswered, 2nd time lucky.

I have a modded Xbox. I have downloaded around 5 Xbox games via torrents with comments such as "works great".
    I burn them to DVD+RW, using Nero (iso mode) &/or DVD Decrypter (ISO mode, write). The burns are always succesful, but when run in the Xbox I always get disc unrecognisable?

The extension for these games is always .iso.

Do Xboxes read + or - DVDs or both?

In Nero if the file size is over 2 gig Nero says it has to be burnt as UDF, have tried this but no joy, is UDF okay to burn for Xbox, if not how do you burn over 2 gig in Nero?

Any ideas?

Thanks

3. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

@simon1001
    Are you burning an xiso?

4. simon1001

simon1001 Member

5. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

@simon1001

usually torrents come as xisos, but if it isn't an xbox iso, use qwix to make files into an xiso.

6. neds81

neds81 Member

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong, I've got my xbox modded and have got ftp working with my comp. I've follwed the directions to making backups thats posted on this site but can't get them to work, every time in put the disc in the xbox it says its wrong region or damaged.

Ive ftp the files from the disc in my xbox to pc, Then with qwix ive told it what folder the files are in and told it to make and xiso, this works but when i look at the xiso on the comp it just has .iso (should it show as an xiso on my pc??)extension. then ive burnt the iso to disc with nero but wont work in the xbox?

Anyone know what i can try?? ive been trying some dvd+RW, pls help this is driving me crazy!!

7. drevil_23

drevil_23 Guest

Ok everybody... I am completely new to all of this... I want to burn ps2 games... I need to know how... if somebody could help me... I am not familliar to any of this... I know how to burn dvds and cd's and that's about it... I read alot of the tips but don't get it... could somebody help?

8. atrout

atrout Member

so how exactly do you coupy games in nero? i was gonna do it but i dont know how to use it and also i wanna play games that i can copy on pc or mac, i have an xbox and i just wanna make backups of my games for safety reason. thankyou

9. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

@atrout

in order to make copies of your games you need to have a MOD chip. Then, you must have a program like DVD2XBOX to transfer games from your DVD to ur xbox harddrive. Then you must ftp your xbox to your computer and copy the game files to your comptuer from the xbox hard drive. Then, qwix or xiso must be used to make a xiso. Only then will you be able to burn the copy with Nero.

10. andersg

andersg Regular member

Damn,
    I never knew there was soo many steps to burning a Xbox Games

11. mikobaske

mikobaske Member

hey,
    i aint too much of a compu freak or anything. just wanna know the simplist way to burn xbox games. i heard about that program evolution something that you have to put on your xbox. how do we put that on..?anyways does anyone have like a step by step thing that i can rely on..thnx

12. theguy50

theguy50 Member

can someone please give me detailed instructions or directions on how to copy an xbox game, because my xbox is modded, and i'll like to know know how i can copy games....

13. yt72

yt72 Guest

first of all no cd drives can read a x box game but your x box can so then you ftp your xbox into your pc and then you load the game into your ftp and its in your pc but the thing is i HAVE games that are on burnt disks games like flat out marvel vr capcom and other ones the thing is i cant remember how to do it again ether me and my friend burnt a game and we had to ftp or ether save big games like jade empire because its a 6 gb game and i cant find any cd to put 6 gb on so but i need to know how to put a xbox game on a cd i was using nero and i evrn put small games on the 700 mb cds but if any one can tell me how to put a game on to a cd ill be grateful again

14. wolfx12

wolfx12 Member

ok, this is probably the stupidest question i've ever asked (but theres no such thing as a stupid question....right)

Do you need a dvd burner to do this ps2 backup with alchohal 120.
    i just have a cd burner

15. DirtyWang

DirtyWang Member

Okay, I have a modded Xbox.
    [bold]1.[/bold] I want to know whether Xbox reads DVD-R, or DVD+R since I bought a pack of 50 DVD+R.
    [bold]2.[/bold] Does the file format have to be .xiso or .iso to be burned?
    [bold]3.[/bold] If so, which programs make .xiso images?
    [bold]4.[/bold] I want to know is it just as simple as burning the .iso (of an xbox game) as an image using Nero or Alcohol 120% onto a DVD+R and putting it in your Xbox and playing it?

Please Reply Soon.
    Thanks
    -Konstantin

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  16. andersg

andersg Regular member

I know the file extension has to be xiso for the Xbox to read it and I think the programs name is Xiso too but I not positive about that.
    But you do know in order for you to get the game onto your computer you will have to FTP into your Xbox right?

17. DirtyWang

DirtyWang Member

I am not trying to access my Xbox, or my Xbox's hard drives. You can download Xbox games, they are already .iso's. All I want to know is if you can burn those to a DVD+R as a .iso or an .xiso and play them on a modded Xbox. Hope someone replies soon. Thanks.
    -Konstantin.

18. hairless

hairless Member

i have found out how to burn data versions of xbox games that work just fine. i bured them with my freinds computer, he has some "burner now" er "smart burner". well, i have "nero start smart" and it will not burn a game for the love of god! how do i set the setting to burn correctly?

19. andersg

andersg Regular member

You mean you found a different data way to burn Xbox games?
    How do you do it?

20. hairless

hairless Member

Yeah all this "iso" shit is useless. All you gotta do is put a game in your xbox disc tray and ftp your xbox to your computer(hope you know how to ftp). Then open your "D" drive, and copy all the contents to a folder on your computer(this might take a while, this is the game data. Put in a DVD-R (DVD+R, DVD+/-RW, whatever just DVD somthin, but not DVD RAM!), a window should pop up asking what you want to do with the disc, click "add files to disc". Add all the files to the disc, burn it, done!