1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. chingon07

chingon07 Guest

i need help burning ps2 games with alcohol 120 can sebody please help me

2. smetje

smetje Member

Hallo,

I'm new and i have question.

Is it possible to copy original PS2 games with Nero with the function "Disc copy". I mean, just insert the original game and a blanck dvd and do copy disc.

3. s1mms12

s1mms12 Member

Hey, just needing a little help. i have the ISO for the game on my PC but how can i burn it to a disc so i can play it on my xbox, my xbox is modded so i can play them and i use to get a fried to burn me games but i wanna do it myself

4. sexypants

sexypants Member

5. sexypants

sexypants Member

6. s1mms12

s1mms12 Member

well sexypants if u could that that would be great

7. logadavi

logadavi Guest

yeah i would love to know how can you send it to me at logadavi@gmail.com please!!!!!

8. OrionHui

OrionHui Member

Greetings,

First of all, I am new here, but I am able to make answers to some common PS2 questions, with past experience using the PS2 (equipped with a modchip/without a modchip), so here they are:

1. A "modchip" is required to play burned games on the PS2 (two obvious reasons why the PS2, itself, cannot play burned games are...for one, game-creating companies would lose profit if one person buys a game + shares it with everyone online, and for two, pirating is generally "illegal"). I got my most recent PS2 (my 3rd one, sadly) modified for "$100 Canadian Dollars" here in British Columbia, Canada (from an Asian gaming stall in a mall), so that gives people an idea about how much it costs to stuff a modchip inside the PS2. True, it is possible to modify it yourself, but you still need to get a decent modchip (which I believe costs around "$45 United States Dollars" on average, but I may be wrong on this) + it takes careful action and background knowledge with handling electronic equipment.

2. A "modified" PS2 means it can also play "burned" PS (Playstation) games.

3. Once a PS2 is modified (equipped with a modchip), you can basically put in any burned CD/DVD game into the PS2, turn the system on, and the system should read it properly, as if the game was non-burned.

4. A "CD Burner Drive" on a computer is required to burn anything on to a "CD"; in other words, a PS/PS2 game (like Final Fantasy Eight/Dead Or Alive 2) runs on a CD, right? In this case, if you download a PS/PS2 game that comes in an image file (with the extension .img, .iso, .bin, or something like that) from the Internet, it is possible to burn "that" image on to a CD, using a "CD Burner Drive." Note that it must be a "burner drive" and not some "CD-ROM drive" that can only "read" CDs (this same idea/procedure applies to a "DVD Burner Drive" that is able to "read/burn" DVDs)

5. Various burning programs like CloneCD, CDRWIN, Nero, Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, etc. can burn PS/PS2 games on to CDs/DVDs, but even I am not too familiar with using them yet, since I usually get one of my friends to burn games for me.

If any of my answers contain false information, I apologize. Perhaps others can correct my mistakes : ).

Now, moving on to my "main" reason for posting a reply...

I took a few screenshots of four steps that I am using...to burn a Playstation game (Final Fantasy Seven, in this case), using Alcohol 120%. I will add the screenshots here, so others can confirm if I am doing the burning process correctly. Yes, I have a CD burner in my computer, but I have not burned the game yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If this process turns out to be "correct," then I am assuming that it is literally the same process for burning "PS2" games. The only setting change, in my opinion, is changing the datatype (on the fourth screenshot) to "Play Station 2." If I am totally on the wrong track, please let me know. I hope my answers helped some people out there : ). Many thanks for reading.

- Orion

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  9. shmuk12

shmuk12 Member

Ive got a problem

I recently downloaded a PS2 game. I have been having problems burning it. I have tried DVD decryptor, Alcohol 120% and Clone DVD to burn the ISO file to a DVD-R blank. I burn it at the slowest speed as well. When I load the game using the Swap Magic disc, The first screen that comes up is a load screen, and it just freezes there and does nothing. Each time I tried its always the same thing.

What should I Do??? Thanks in advance!!

10. OrionHui

OrionHui Member

You have to make sure your PS2 is modified; otherwise, even with a Swap Magic disc (an alternative way to load burned games instead of using GameShark), your PS2 cannot read burned games without a modchip. Nowadays, it is not required to use Swap Magic/Gameshark to play burned games because there are modchips that can read the games right off, as if they were the original copies.

- Orion

11. shmuk12

shmuk12 Member

Yea I use swapmagic and the fliptop. But i found out somewhere else that I should rebuild the iso file, and I did that and now it works great. Thanks tho.

12. OrionHui

OrionHui Member

It is a pleasure to help out.

- Orion

13. ahmed111

ahmed111 Member

hey clarky, i'm new to burning ps2 games. i have downloaded a game and now what shud i do next. how should i get the iso file n burn it frm where..tell me all the details...thanx bro ..help me out wid tis..pleez...or isthere any1 who can help me

14. LANSELOT

LANSELOT Member

i have the alcohol 120 and the dvd decrypter but the dont read all the xbox dvd only the 13mb why?how i make a iso file to burn after??

15. killer_62

killer_62 Member

Can you list step by step instructions on how to burn the xbox game with alcohol 120. thanx!

16. pscopyguy

pscopyguy Member

hey guys if you want to know how to copy ps2 games, come to my site here edited by ddp and believe me you wont be dissapointed

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  17. ymibishop

ymibishop Member

sO, I GET HOW TO MAKE THE IMAGES AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF, BUT WHAT EXACTLY do i need to purchase to make my ps2 and xbox to use the backups? cant i just install a harddrive with my images of my originals?

what modchips are recommended? anyone know about the ps3's? do they require mods also?

thanks for the help.

18. jimbob91

jimbob91 Guest

could u please tell me the step by step instructions on how to burn ps2 games on nero please

19. gravedude

gravedude Guest

DVD Decrypter Dumbasses

20. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Anything that will burn a dvd image.. nero alcohol120% k3b graveman xcdroast rawrite.. any.. I haven't seen a burning application yet that doesn't burn an image file or saved project..

Why don't people just read the previous posts.. What is so hard about looking in the manual for the burning application of choice??

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=burn+.iso+file&btnG=Search&meta=

1,560,000 answers to "burn .iso file !!

Only decrypter??? who looks like a {edited, but the sentiment remains} now?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007