1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

does any1 have an answer to my earlier question?

2. diseous

diseous Member

Hey nic2005, this was on the forum eariler in the string
    First off, to play ANY backups for ps2/xbox you either need some sort of hardware mod (mod-chip), or some sort of software mod.

Secondly, any GOOD burning program should be able to copy the psx/ps2 disks.

2a. Xbox games CANNOT be copied by PC alone, I don't know how to stress this enough, anyone else saying otherwise is full of themselves.

In order to copy an Xbox game the following steps need to be followed.

1. READ TUTORIALS. A good source of such is xbox-scene.com, read them, then read them again.
    2. REPEAT STEP 1.
    3. mod(soft/hard) your xbox
    4. Get a new dashboard (avalaunch/evolutionX)
    5. ftp into your xbox via your LAN (ip can be set static in you dashboard settings, and default username/password is xbox:xbox)
    6. copy the files in the D drive (default dvd-rom drive for the xbox) onto your computer
    7. PATCH your XBE files for the game.(Craxtion, Qwix or ADR Patcher can do this)
    8. Create an xISO image (ie. GDFimage, or a replacement ie. GNU GDFimage)
    9. Burn it to DVD.

Any questions refer to XBOX-SCENE.COM FOR TUTORIALS.

Hopefully this answers your question. this has helped me out quite a bit. I know that you do need a modchip for your box in order to read the backed up game, and that requires soldering in the chip yourself. If you don't know how to do this, have someone else so it. Also there are recources by doing a google searc on mod chips. I think I sow on one of those sites that you can buy a box that has already been modded and has a bigger drive.

Happy Gaming!

3. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Thanks for the info but is there a way u can send an xbox game to your internal harddrive on your xbox without burning it to your dvd?
    Otherwise how do u get games on the internal harddrive?

4. diseous

diseous Member

from what I have learned in the last hour of reading, like I told you to do, I found a link on xbox-scene.com. click on tutorals, click on beginers/general gudes, and click on the last link. It should say how to mod your box and play games from your hard drive. hate to sound meen but if you are serious about modding your box, learn as much as you can BEFORE you do it, becaus if you f*@k it up, your out a box.

5. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

k thanks diseous. I'll take your advice. I have some friends here who are really good with xboxes and modding them and stuff so i'll have their help in doing it. But thanks n e way.

6. sspring

sspring Member

The best program to use to backup an xbox games: www.craxtion.com and DVD decrpter to burn the image. i also had problems using alcahol 120% and nero but i use dvd decrypter i've had not one crash. But of course you need modded xbox.

7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Wow! still kicking at 26! what's your secret? (;

8. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I Like Easy Media Creator 7 by Roxio better then Nero.
    I use DVD Decrypter for movies

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  9. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Of course there is [​IMG]

Only about 5gb of usable space left on a stock xbox hdd though.Good idea to install a larger Hdd

Use a program called dvd2xbox which will copy backed up disc's or original xbox disc's directly from the xbox dvdrom drive straight to the xbox harddrive(this is a program that is installed on your xbox hardrive,not your computer) Or ftp the contents of a game disc to your computer from your xbox dvdrom drive.Create a "Games" Folder on your E,F or G partition on the xbox hardrive, create another folder within the games folder named after the particular game and FTP the files from your computer into this folder.From Avalaunch or Evo X select the games tab and you will see a list of the games you have on your xbox hdd.

You can dowload programs like dvd2xbox and XBMC(xbox media center) directly from the Avalaunch dashboard.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  10. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Thanks for the help. I think I got it all figured out.

11. ColdChill

ColdChill Guest

I'm confused do u need a mod chip or mod software to play backed up copies of xbox games?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2004
  12. diseous

diseous Member

Yes you do need a mod chip, because the box needs to be tricked into thinking that the burt disk is a bootable disk. The good news is that I have seen them on some sites for like 25$ for a chip that requires soldering, But you can get one that doesnt require soldering as well. The bad news is that they are more expencive.

13. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

you can also buy premodded xboxs.

14. blink6932

blink6932 Guest

First of all stop being a dumbfuck and asking dumb ass questions..second get it in your head you cannot make a exact copy of a xbox game!! Third listen to the peeps who have already told you how to burn the games..last but not least if you need a tutorial kid i got one i wrote out...basic shit..ftp the game to ya computer...make it to an iso..and burn..simple shit..."TONE"

15. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

there is also a great program called PX HD Loader which allows u to put the game in ur xbox and transfer it to ur hd on ur xbox if u have one.

16. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

what's up ev1l

17. Maco^King

Maco^King Member

OK the Only way that a Computer can burn a XBox game with out a XBox is to find some program or somthing that will let a DVD rom see the hidden files on the original DVD disc beacuse if you DVD rom cant see the files then the burner will only burn what it can see but as for PS2 games any program can do it because they dont have hidden files on the DVD discs

18. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

I have one more question. If you can connect 4 xboxs together with an ethernet hub, can you connect 2 with an ethernet cable?

19. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

I have one more question. If you can connect 4 xboxs together with an ethernet hub, can you connect 2 with an ethernet cable?

20. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member