1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn xbox & ps2 games with alcohol 120 % or nero

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pkizzz, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That's not true. The files are not hidden. Xbox games are made like outside in, instead of inside out. So it doesn't matter if you have a program that detects hidden files, because it won't be able to read it (your DVD drive that is)

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

does anyone know the answer to my previous question?

3. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

one other question i have is can I install programs like boxplorer and dvd-x without a mod chip?

4. tazzren

tazzren Guest

OK this is what is going on....I downloaded a game from one of the news groups,,,it comes up as a winrar file on my computer.....i burned it straight to a disk with nero and my xbox read it and installed it...but it wont play it...it says its there.....and in the menu........Ok i extracted as well and it reads it but its not launching it and yes i turned the auto launch on all that does is launch the DVD but it goes to a green screen and it reads it like a Video and that i need a controller hooked up....Not sure what that is...Please help....Email me at TAZZREN@bak.rr.com or AIM me (TAZZREN)at the same screen name.Please help

Ruben

5. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

ios read ios write?

6. jdawg69

jdawg69 Guest

okay lets get this started...

1 im getting an xbox for xmas
    2 i have a dvd burner LG is the Brand Name
    3 i belive u need a mod chip maybe someone can point me to a good one and where i can get it
    4 if i get games with my system how can back it up so it dosent get scrathed so easily
    5. can i back up my games to maybe a hard drive
    6 just wondering how this all works
    7 my email is noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com
    Thanks.you can email me there or just keep posting on here

thanks for the help take care and happpy christmas :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2005
  7. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Jdawg, I recommend going to www.xbox-scene.com. It has many good mod chips and you can compare the top ones. Some of the best mod chips are the Xecuter 3 and Xenium ICE. There are others,too. You just have to research. If you have a hard drive, that is the best way to backup your games. Using a software like PX HD Loader, You can transfer games straight from your xbox to your hard drive. You just insert the game and click a couple buttons and then your game will be transferred to the hard drive.

Hope this helps!

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

NO you can't! You can't install ANYTHING on your xbox without a modchip, or without having your xbox modded at all. Secondly. you will also need a dashboard to install these things.

9. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

k thanks. I'm thinking about adding a mod chip and adding evolutionx but i hope my xbox doesn't mess up. Plus i don't want to pay the money to have someone else install it. Do you know of any places that will install it for a low cost?

10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Not off the internet. I know a guy who does it, but most internet sites only sell mod chips.

11. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

well i found a couple where you mail the xbox in and they can install it for you but they are pretty expensive.

12. jdawg69

jdawg69 Guest

i may be wrong about this but ive herd you dont need a mod chip what you need to do is switch a few wires around ive herd a few guys have done this and they charge about 20.00 in town

is this true

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You know nick, you could SOFTMOD your xbox. It's better than using a mod chip because no soldering is involved, and you have the opportunity to restore your xbox is something goes wrong.

14. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

what's softmodding?

15. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

ok ok. if u want too hook up a computer directly to an xbox, you need a CROSSOVER cable. If you want to hook up (an) xbox(s) to (a) computer(s),you will need PATCH cables, and a (network/router) PATCH and CROSSOVER cables are both types of LAN or ETHERNET cables. hope that clears things up.

A softmod is a (software modification) you use hacks and software, so u don't need any tangible items to mod your xboxin this way. A "Hardmod" or more widley known as a mod with a modchip is better in my opinion, since you can do more things with it (i think). some mod chips can be easily toggled on and off so you can have a normal xbox. mod chips are made for different types of XBOX's so make sure you have the right xbox before you buy a modchip!!!! (Example: A v.10 compatible modchip will NOT work with a 1.6b XBOX!!!) for ppl who dont want to risk ****ing up thier xboxs you can buy a solderless modchip for 40$
    This is a GOOD idea. The spider soldierless modchip is only $40 and it works with ALL xbox versions!

most solderless chip still require you to open up your xbox, but of course you don't need to solder and it is alot easier, (You stick wires into holes) so if u can put thread through a needle you can install this.

16. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Softmodding is using a game exploit to flash a new bios on your xbox and install a dashboard. You'll have the same capabilities as a xbox with a flashed modchip would have. The plus side of softmodding is that you can always "restore" your xbox back to normal if you wanted to.

17. plto15

plto15 Member

Hey guyz,

Im a new member of this site, and i rellie like how u guyz set this all up...pretty cool!. Ne wayz, I am just starting to mitify my x box, am using the Linux based verson, which I am soon going to install. I need to no where I can download games off the internet. I need .iso, all of the games I downlaoded to far had like 30 files in them, and none of em are ISO. Now tha suprnova is down I dont no wheat to do, can any of u help me out?

18. plto15

plto15 Member

Hey, its me again/ Now tell me if this is right, if i hook up my xbox and PC using a crossover ethernet wire, I can transfer a game using an FTP Client. I think that is right, noe I need an Free FTP Client, ne of u no where I can get one?

19. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

READ MY PM (plto15)

20. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Plto 15, you can't use the linux biox to play backup games. That bios is only for using your xbox as a computer. Try filetopia for games.