1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I change dashboards and get MS dash?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by klasjosh, Mar 30, 2010.

1. klasjosh

klasjosh Member

I figured out my xbox is softmodded (after opening it up and not seeing a chip.)

My xbox has EVOX and when I press the power button or eject button it boots into evox!

there is NO option to go to MS dash anywhere on the evox dash.

I figured out how to FTP to my xbox using 2 ethernet cables and a router so I did.

This is my xbox's root-
    [​IMG]

In the C drive I have this-
    [​IMG]

In the E drive I have this-
    [​IMG]

In the F drive I have this(these look like the stuff from the XBMC)-
    [​IMG]

and in the Z drive I randomly have this.. :| -
    [​IMG]

All the rest are EMPTY! (or my computer doesnt show anything is in them..)

I want to make it so M$ dashboard works/I can use and get into it!!!

also I would like to know if its possible to backup all my games I have burnt on the system and install avalanche? I like the feature where it shows pictures of the game when you scroll over them and how the custom dashboard plays music in the background.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY TOOLS TO SOFTMOD IT! IT CAME SOFTMODDED (or I think its softmodded!)

Thanks!!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. klasjosh

klasjosh Member

Nevermind, I joined another forum that actually responded and helped me.

I now have EVOX, UNLEASHEDX, and MS dash.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Did you think to search the forums for yourself while you were waiting for an answer ?. 3 years ago i didn't even know what an xbox was, i simply searched the forums for everything i needed to know and in a short period of time i had softmodded my first xbox and replaced the hard drive. Just illustrating that i didn't sit waiting for answers, i went out looking and ran with what i found, there are countless threads and tutorials here dating back years, like most help sites, a lot of stuff has been explained and discussed in past threads, they simply need reading..

edit- I have posted quite a bit previously about my own experiences with xboxes, for example i added to one of the main stickied threads here ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/557450
    We have quite a few stickies across forums, more often than not they cover virtually everything anyone could want to know about anything..

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Shame that there are countless people on the internet that think the world revolves around them!

As Creaky said, all the stuff is stickied and setup for easy understanding!

I'm glad your "other" forum got you sorted, but coming back to Afterdawn to gloat is just childish!

I'm sure if you had of researched as Creaky suggested you would have found that Afterdawn is the BEST resource for Xbox, and the only place to you will find my tutorials!

Xbox is old now, support from members is quiet and basically, it's all been answered, hence the stickies! Patience is a virtue, self help is the best attribute.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The younger generation expect everything to be handed to them,it started with the first tv's that had corded remotes everything went downhill from there

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010